07. b r i n g i t o n

Sam and Dean arrived in New Orleans a few days later

Sam and Dean arrived in New Orleans a few days later. Sam had finally convinced Dean over the long drive to just hole up in a hotel for a few days and do some investigating before just rushing in and ending up dead. They got a room in a dive at the very edge of the French Quarter, as far away from the Mikaelson compound as they could get while still being close enough to watch them.

As always, Sam spent most of his time on his laptop, digging up everything he could about the Originals and the Mikaelsons. Dean, however, ended up going bar crawling a day in because he said his head was about to explode from boredom. Sam wished him well and closed the door behind him heavily, happy to have a little bit alone without his older brother nagging him about finding information faster.

Rhiannon and Kol were walking the streets of the Quarter when she saw him

Rhiannon and Kol were walking the streets of the Quarter when she saw him. She was sure it was him. She looked around at her twin quickly, making sure he hadn't seen him as well. He was deep in conversation with a street vendor about ridiculous prices. He didn't even notice when Rhiannon slipped away from his side and started following Dean Winchester as stealthily as she could.

She followed him for a few blocks; ducking in and out of the other people on the street easily anytime he turned in a way that might reveal her. Eventually, she was pretty sure he knew he was being followed. He kept darting through alleyways, making haphazard random turns, and multiple times knocking into other passersby.

Finally, he managed to corner Rhiannon in an alley. He shoved her up against a dingy wall, a knife at her throat. She watched as recognition washed over him and reveled in the sound of his heartbeat quickening.

"Hello, love. If you wanted to get kinky, all you had to do was ask," she purred, smiling cheekily and glancing at the blade that he still held to her throat.

"You're one of them. The... Mikaelsons?" he asked, and she chuckled at how confused he sounded.

"Guilty," she said, looking him in the eye. "You know I'm just humoring you with this, right? I could snap you in half without really trying," she told him, and he released her from the wall, apparently believing her.

"What are you?" he asked, and she shrugged.

"Who removed your compulsion?" she fired back, and he pursed his lips together. "See? Neither of us are quite ready to reveal our secrets," she told him, and he started walking away.

"I know I can't kill you with a regular gun or knife, but we will kill you and your whole family. We're monster hunters; it's what we do," Dean said, regarding her like she was a disease.

"Ah, we. So now you've just let slip that your precious Sam has come with you. So that's two of you that my siblings think they've taken care of. I must warn you, we are not a family who likes to be disobeyed. If my older brothers catch wind of the fact that you're still in New Orleans, they will kill you both," she told him, doing everything she could to keep the concern out of her voice.

"Why do you care?" Dean asked, and she shrugged.

"No reason. Just warning you that you're out for more pain than you could've ever imagined if my brothers find out you're here," she told him, and he smirked.

"Bring it on," Dean said, turning and walking away. Her main thought as she watched him was how utterly painful it must be to be such a slow and small creature, but at the same time she couldn't ignore the fact that something about him made her heart race. She wasn't sure if it was his boldness, the fact that he wasn't afraid of her, or something else, but she couldn't shake it.

"Rhi? What the hell are you doing?" Kol's voice drifted through the alley. She whipped around and gave him a confused look.

"I lost you. I was just trying to find you," she told him, and he studied her.

"You were trying to find me in the back corner of an alley?" he asked, and she shook her head.

"I... guess," she said, and he shrugged, seemingly dropping it.

"Come on, let's go get some drinks, shall we?" he asked, and she nodded, lacing her arm through his.