10. v a m p y l o v e p o t i o n

The sound of Rhiannon's phone pinging with a notification woke her out of her restless sleep immediately

The sound of Rhiannon's phone pinging with a notification woke her out of her restless sleep immediately. Raking a hand through her long hair and shielding her eyes at the brightness of the screen, she saw a text message from an unknown number. It was someone requesting she meet them at a hotel. It didn't say who it was from, but she had a pretty good feeling deep in her gut that it was Dean Winchester.

She dressed quietly, listening to see if anyone else was stirring in the compound. She couldn't hear anyone, but as she walked down the stairs into the living room, she wasn't totally surprised to see Kol sitting on the couch, a glass of what smelled like bourbon in his hand.

"Koley?" she asked, sitting down next to him. He took another swig from his glass and turned to face her.

"I can't do it. I can't let you fall in love with a human hunter," Kol said, his voice grave. It was only then that Rhiannon looked down to see that there was blood on Kol's hands. Panic instantly rose inside her.

"Kol. What did you do?" she asked, and he looked down at his hands absently.

"Oh, this isn't his blood. This is a delicious young lady I met at the bar a few hours ago," he said, sticking a finger in his mouth and sucking the dried blood off of it.

"So, what are you talking about then?" she asked, and he shrugged.

"I will tell the rest of our siblings about your little escapade if it gets too far. Just remember that, Rhiannon. You deserve much better than a lowly human hunter," he told her, reaching for her hand and kissing it lightly.

"I was going right now to tell him and his brother to get the fuck out of our city," she said, putting on her boldest excited voice. Normally, Kol was always able to tell when she was lying or putting on a show, but she could tell that he was a little bit drunk off of the alcohol he'd consumed and also a little drunk off of the girl he'd apparently consumed.

"Good. Shall I come?" he asked, standing and almost immediately falling back down.

"No, I think you should stay here and sleep it off," she instructed, pointing him in the direction of his bedroom. Without another word, he nodded and headed that way. She listened for his door to close and the sound of him flopping into bed, and once she heard it she headed to the address from the text message.

As soon as she arrived at the motel, she saw Dean and Sam's shiny black Chevy Impala sitting in the parking lot, telling her for sure who the text had been from in the first place.

"Yo, Mikaelson," a gruff voice called to her, motioning her into one of the ground-level rooms of the dingy motel. She made out Dean's figure and walked into the room quietly.

"What is this?" she asked him, sitting down at the small dining table. He shrugged.

"I want to know why you're being so nice to us," he said, shutting the door heavily behind him and locking it.

"I told you before. It's just because my family is bloodthirsty and brutal and you and your brother will end up dead if you challenge them," she said, trying to sound casual. All she could concentrate on was the fact that Dean's heart rate was moving a mile a minute and she couldn't quite figure out why.

"And you're not bloodthirsty and brutal?" Dean asked, eyeing her carefully.

"I am," she admitted, standing and walking over to him. She stood right in front of him and stared him in the eye. "What do you want from me, Dean Winchester?" she asked, and he stared at her in silence for a moment before pressing his lips roughly onto hers.

"I want... you," he breathed, making her breath catch in her throat. "I don't know why. I can't fucking explain it, but I want you," he whispered, his sharp green eyes looking at her curiously. "Is this some sort of Original vampire voodoo?" he asked, and she shook her head firmly.

"No vampy love potion. Promise," she said, and he nodded.

"Then what is it?" he asked, and she shrugged.

"I have no fucking clue," she said, pressing her lips back onto his and kissing him passionately.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and he pulled her close to him. She wrapped her legs around his waist and he carried her to the bed across the room and tossed her onto it roughly. She smiled up at him and giggled as he kissed her again.