I - Grief

"Grief is like living two lives. One is where you 'pretend' everything is alright, and the other is where your heart silently screams in pain."

~~~

It's been three months.

Three months of pain.

Three months of crying.

Three months of mourning.

Three months of suffering.

Three months of loss.

Three months of grief.

Four years of love...

Now, it's gone... Just like that. Nonexistent.

Even after all this time, I can remember everything so vividly. I watched his death. I watched him die. And, I was powerless to stop it. Now, I have to face the constant reminder, every time I walk into our-...my bedroom.

Exactly three months ago, is when I lost him... Travis...

-Travis Valkrum-
Status: Deceased
Age: 27
Hair Colour: White
Eye Colour: Lime Green
Relationship: Ex-Fiancé
Thoughts: "He's my everything...I love him, with all of my heart..."

---

I traced my finger against the bedsheets. I don't bother to ever fix them up. What's the point? No one ever comes to visit me; and I'm living by myself... Why clean for no one? His clothes still litter everywhere...he never was one for picking up after himself...

I strolled through the quiet room, lifting up my calender. I haven't checked it, ever since the day...the day I lost him... I flipped through the untouched pages, finding today's date... Funny enough, as if life just wanted to torture me more...it's his birthday, today...

Calculating it in my head...that's only 2 more months, and 15 days, until, what would have been, our wedding day. I was always decent at math... He and I, would have little one-on-one lessons... I taught him Math and Science, my best subjects...and he would teach me how to draw...he was a beautiful artist...

Glancing behind me, above my bed, was something he drew for us... He spent weeks painting it, and the final result was beautiful... I'd never take it down, no matter what... It's one of the only things I have left, that reminds me of him...aside from his green hoodie, that sits atop my dresser...next to the glass shards, and blood stains on the carpet...

next to the glass shards, and blood stains on the carpet

It's sickening...having to live with the constant reminder, that the love of your life...killed himself. In your two bedroom home; next to your shared bed; and you had to watch. Watch the smashing of all the glass in your room. Watch as blood, that you would never bother to clean, stained the room. Watch as the light, went out of your fiancé's eyes...

Then, there's the notes... During the events, I hadn't noticed them. Everything in that moment, was just a blurr... Maybe, they weren't even there to begin with...

But, afterwards, during the crime scene investigation...an investigator discovered these notes littering the entirety of the bedroom. Notes, he must've left for me...

"I love you, Zane..."

"I always have..."

"Don't ever forget me."

"I love you."

Then, one note, in particular. One, that stood out from the rest. I wasn't allowed to hold onto that one. Why? I'm not sure... But, once the investigator discovered that last final note, he immediately took it away... I wasn't even allowed to look at it. But, he told me what it had said...

"It has been said something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world..."

Yes, Travis quoted, "The Butterfly Effect". That was the final note he left me. That was the one, he clutched in his hand, as he killed himself. Those were his final words to the world. Quoting a movie, about the effects of changing the past! As if to haunt me even more! Not a letter, about apologizing for leaving me alone! But, a movie quote! A damn movie quote!

I can't handle this...

Gathering my belongings, I stormed out of the room, that held most of my sorrows. The house I lived in for four years. The room I slept beside my boyfriend, for four years...and alone for three months...

Three. Months.

I need to get out of this house. I haven't left it in so long. There was never a need to... So, why bother? I order food by phone; I work from home; I pay my bills online; etc..

If I decide to leave today, it will be the first time I've been outside in months. My first true contact with the sun's hideous rays in three months. It's going to suck, isn't it?

I stopped in front of the front door, rethinking my choices. I do need to step outside. I need to go talk to someone...honestly anyone at this point. But, who? Definitely someone close to me...

Well, there is Aphmau...

-Aphmau-
Status: Alive
Age: 26
Hair Colour: Raven Black
Eye Colour: Caramel
Relationship: Best Friend
Thoughts: "Love her with my heart...best friend forever..."

---

She'd probably be the best option... But, then there's Garroth...

-Garroth Ro'Meave-
Status: Alive
Age: 28
Hair Colour: Blonde
Eye Colour: Cyan
Relationship: Older Brother
Thoughts: "A bit of nuisance, but then again...next to Travis, he's the closest family I have."

---

Honestly, at this point in time, I could use either of them. But, Aphmau could be with Aaron... Then again, Garroth could be with Little Laurance. With either, I could be...disturbing something.

But, nonetheless, I need to get the Hell out of this crooked home. So, who should I go to?

---

VOTE:

A.) Aphmau

B.) Garroth

---

Voting: CLOSED

~Every Action Has It's Consequences. Choose Wisely~

~~~

*ART AT THE TOP, WAS DRAWN BY DatNinjaCat ! THANK YOU SO MUCH! 💜💜 *