VI - Acceptance

"Letting go doesn't mean giving up, but rather accepting that there are things that cannot be done."

~~~

🌟 He Believes It's Travis: 33

He Believes It's Someone Else: 8

~Route: "A"~

Travis...It must be him... But that's impossible, right? I watched him die...

"T-Travis..?" I stuttered, I turned around, face-to-face with someone's legs.

"Uhm, what?" They responded.

I ignored them, not exactly hearing what they said, anyway. I hugged their legs, resting my head on their knees. I silently sobbed, convincing myself that Travis was alive. That his death was just some horrible, lucid dream.

"T-Travis...you have n-no idea h-how much I m-missed you, damnit. Oh my Irene, I can't believe you're actually here. Alive. I am s-so sorry..," I ranted, burying my face into their legs.

"Hey, buddy, are you alright..? And, uh, can you get off of my legs. That's a little weird," they said a little louder, and their voice was a bit clearer to me.

I slowly looked up, meeting eye-to-eye with someone... And, I can honestly say I felt my heart break. Oh, Irene, I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up... I'm freaking insane.

Instead of my dead ex-fiancé, I was faced with a pink-haired girl. She looked down at me, giving me a questioning look. I let go of her legs, quickly wiping away my tears. Of course it wasn't Travis... He's gone... But, it sounded so much like him, though... Maybe it was just my mind fucking with me, and tricking me into believing it was him. Because, that's what my mind wants.

I should just get over it. I should just accept the fact that he's gone. Dead. And that ain't ever gonna change. This is real life, not some fantasy book or movie. He's not coming back from the dead. He's always going to be gone...

"I-I'm so, so sorry ma'am. I-I didn't mean to-...I thought you were s-someone else," I apologized, hopping to my feet.

"As I could tell," she chuckled, crossing her arms. That's when I truly noticed the strange attire she was wearing, and the large scar across her left eye. She didn't look familiar at all- then, wait... How did she know my name? ...Maybe she didn't say anything. Maybe I'm just hallucinating things, again. "What are you doin' in a cemetery this late at night? You do realize it's closed, right."

"I could be asking you the same question, ma'am," I crossed my arms, glaring up at her. Irene, she was freakishly tall. And oddly scary. "And why are you dressed like that?"

"Ey, if I tell you, you gotta promise not to say anythin'. 'Cause if you do, imma kick your ass. Got it, bud?" She spat at me, flicking her long hair out of her face.

"Who am I gonna tell? The cops? Lucky for you lady, but the cops aren't too thrilled with me, right now?" I stupidly admitted.

Nice going, Zane! You don't go around telling random strangers that you're a fugitive! How much dumber can you get?!

"Honestly, that makes me feel a lot more at ease," the girl scratched the back of her head. "You a runaway from your parents or somethin', kid?"