Race Or Home Chapter 5

I didn't really know where I was, just that I was still inside the track gates away from Will. "Bella Byron?" I heard a voice say. "Yes?" I questioned. "I'm a big fan of William's." The guy said. "Thank you for being a fan of his." I replied. "He dominated in the truck series right up until the engine then won the very last race." He replied. "Yeah, we were all heartbroken the engine." I replied. "Yeah so anyways what are you doing out here?" He asked. "Me and Will got into an argument so I came to let things cool down." I told him. "My name is Martin but people call me Marty." He said. "Nice to meet you." I said shaking his hand.

He walked me back to where I came from then left so I went back to the RV. "Bella?" Will asked rushing out of the bedroom. "Yeah babe it's me." I replied before he hugged me. "I'm so sorry Bells it's just we are best friends you should be able to talk to me." He said. "I know I'm sorry but sometimes you're so focused on the car or truck or whatever and its hard to talk to you." I replied. "I know and this is my job but you're my wife and my best friend, you need me I'm there for you just like if I need you you're there for me." He replied pulling me closer to him. "I know." I said burying my face in his shirt. "How about we go cuddle, oh and eat ice cream." He then said. "Yeah." I replied going to change then got into bed while he got ice cream for us. "Get some cheese too please." I then called and he came back in with cheese and ice cream.

The next morning I woke up and rolled over onto someone and then jumped up. "William you're going to be late!" I exclaimed when I noticed the body I rolled onto. "What?" He asked still sleeping. "I usually wake up when you're gone." I told him and he shot up.  "I'm going to be late for work." He said before rushing around the RV getting ready. "Love you see you soon." I called. "Love you." He replied before kissing me and leaving the RV. I got ready for the day and took his fire suit to the hauler before stopping by the garage and telling him where his fire suit is. After I went to go find Erik Jones to talk to him. "Hey EJones." I said walking into his garage area.

"Hey double B." He replied hugging me. "Practices for you?" I asked. "Yeah." He replied. "Is it weird being at the track every week already?" Erik asked. "Yeah but I get to watch him race more so it's good." I replied. "Well then that's good." He said. "I fall for him more each week when he's racing." I said. "That's good, so I overheard Will talking to someone." He said. "About what?" I asked confused. "You can't have children." He whispered. "I can't." I whispered back. "That must be tough." He said. "Yeah really is because all I want is children with my husband." I said. "Your nickname and Will's nickname are double B and WillyB." Erik randomly said. "Yes and this is new to you?" I asked confused. "Oh no it's not new just uh interesting." He replied. "It is very interesting." I replied.

"So how are things?" He asked. "Pretty good I guess." I replied. "You guess?" He asked. "Well I'm still keeping things from him and I don't want to but at the same time I don't want anything to distract him." I said. "Yeah that would be tough to do." He replied hugging me. "I'm slowly going to tell him, I just need the right time." I told him. "You take all the time you need for your and his safety." Erik said before we said bye and I went back to Will's garage area. "We are fast this weekend let's shoot for the pole." Dave said to Will. "Alright Dave." Will replied and qualifying started. "We are starting the race second." Dave said. "We can do this thing, win it." I said.

"Come on Bells, let's go eat." Will said when he finally got out of the car. "Yeah I'm hungry." I replied so we went to go find something to eat. "I miss Rudy." I said when we were eating. "Why do you miss Rudy?" He asked. "Your team was the best in trucks." I replied. "We just started Xfinity babe, just wait." He said. "But Dave isn't like Rudy." I replied. "Babe, that's too bad." He told me before we went to get food. "You coming back with me?" Will asked when we were done. "No, I'm just going to go back to the RV." I replied. "Oh ok will I see you before the race?" He asked. "Maybe I'll see how I feel." I replied before kissing him then going back to the RV.

I heard knocking on the door a few minutes after I got back so I opened it and Samantha was standing there. "Hey Bella." She said. "Hey Samantha." I replied. "Is everything alright?" She asked. "Yeah everything is fine." I replied smiling. "You seemed kind of upset when you were with Will I just wanted to make sure you're ok." She replied. "I'm fine, just a little tired." I replied. "Ok well if you need anything you know where to find me." She said. "Yeah I do." I replied before she left. Time for drivers stuff started and I got in a taxi and went to to airport. I paid then got a last minute ticket for a flight home and waited to board the plane.

When the flight was called I boarded the plane and read my book until we landed in North Carolina and found Will's truck and drove home. I sent Will's phone a text that read 'Will went home to NC call me when you get home' then finished watching the race. "Hey babe, why'd you go home?" He asked when I picked up. "I just wasn't feeling good, and I missed Anna I just wanted to come home." I told him. "Oh ok well I'll see you tomorrow and you'll pick me up?" He asked. "Yeah of course I'll see you tomorrow." I replied before we hung up.