new world, new experiences

"You're not from here?! How did you know that? Wow!!" They both whispered in unison. The girl said nothing else. Instead she point to the house she came from and handed him a Piece of paper that had the words meet me there tonight at 2am. As soon as hank looked up from the note she was walking away. He ran to catch up with her. "Wait....why should I trust you?" He asked the mysterious woman cautiously. "It's simple. You can either trust me or you won't survive here" she responded with a hint of sass. "Oh and a little hint. You shouldn't take your earphones out till after the broadcasting signal light goes off on the radio you've got there." He examined the device he picked up in the house more closely and saw a red light on the side of it that he hadn't noticed before. He put the earphones on. "Thanks, by the way I'm Hank" Hank introduced himself. "Domino. There's a diner down the street from the house. It's impossible to get lost going either way. Either spend time there or go back to your house til it's time to meet. Til then we don't know each other got it" domino asked sternly. Hank nodded in response. "Good, then I'll see u tonight." After they finished speaking, he immediately noticed that he was extremely hungry. "I guess transdimentional  travel....makes you....hungry?" He questioned the situation with a laugh. He then realized that if he was going to get food he needed money. He then remembered that he had a wallet with a cash clip in his pocket when he was in the between. He searched his pockets till he found the items he was looking for. Upon examining the cash clip he realized that it wasn't the same as the one he brought with him. He had brought American money with him, as that was where he was from. The money he was holding had to be some form of European currency. He guessed it was pounds which where easy to work with. So he headed down the street to the diner. Upon entering he heard the radio broadcast about a group calling themselves the gospel that was peacefully resisting the government by living far enough underground that they were out of the jurisdiction of the government He sat down and order a slice of apple pie and a Coffee. As soon as his food came he devoured it then fixed his coffee the way he usually did. The waitress came over and said "the coffee was £3 but, the pie's on the house." So Hank payed the girl the £3 and left the diner. He checked his watch which he noticed was digital here when it wasn't before. It was close to 9pm and he didn't see anyone else outside at this time that wasn't working. So he headed back to his house where he set the alarm clock for 1:45am giving himself just enough time to get ready before going to see domino. Then he went to sleep. He dreamt of his old life. He dreamt of the cute coffee girl who would occasionally flirt with him and remember the way he liked his coffee. He dreamt of his former students. Then the alarm sounded and he dreamt no more.