Entering the Pit

As Domino reached for the doorknob, a million thoughts raced through her mind. The most abrasive thought was not knowing what lay beyond that door. When she had mustered up the courage to open the door, all her fear went away. It had been replaced with excitement to see her old friends again. Before opening the door all the way she called out to establish her presence: "hello, is anyone there?" Domino called out. She heard someone say back "Hault, he who seeks refuge here must answer this riddle.  One k/night, a king and a queen are down in a dungeon. Nobody can get in or out . The king wakes up to find the queen dead. Who killed her?"  Domino laughed at this and said "Ozcar, you old bag of nuts. It's Domino, I brought a friend." Hank cut in at that point and said "The answer  is the knight, by the way." Ozcar was shocked to hear the answer and responded "Are you sure???" That was the point where Domino opened the door all the way to reveal herself. "Oh domi, why didn't you say it was you? You know you're more than welcome here. Or are you? I can never tell." Domino leaned over to hank and whispered "Don't mind Ozcar. He's just seen more than us." This puzzled hank. "Seen more what than us?" Hank asked. "Worlds" was Domino's response. At that moment two more people entered the main cave from another door to the right. Immediately upon seeing Domino the both rushed over to her and jumped into a hug. They were both 10 by the looks of it, one was a boy, the other a girl. "Twitch!!!" Domino said to the girl, before turning to the boy. "Gizmo!!! It's great to see you guys. You guys need to stop growing." Hank cut in at that point and said: "I'm sorry to interrupt but, Domino you promised me answers. I need to know where I am and what this place, this world is and as much as you can tell me about it." Domino sighed: "Ok, Hank. You're right. What do you want to know?" Hank thought for a minute about the many questions he had. Eventually the one he wanted answered most came out as: "Exactly where is this universe compared to his original one?" This stumped domino who said: "Um...gizzy. Are you still working on the molecular scanner that you started before I left?"  Being a physics professor Hank knew what a molecular scanner is as the tech had been banned on his world because people thought the caused cancer. In truth the governments of his world actually knew of the multiverse but thought the info was too sensitive to be made known to the rest of the planet. That was the real reason the scanners were banned. Hank said: "where did you guys get a molecular scanner? They were banned where I'm from." Gizmo answered this time and said: "I made my own. All you need to do is wear this helmet and it will take care of the rest.