Chapter 9 - The End

This was found buried under my pile of 'oh shit look at all that work I've gotta do' pile, I apologies for any inconvenience, but author is lazy, she needs a kick up the arse XD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The apartment was cold and quiet, early morning light flittering through closed curtains. a small bony hand reached out to the other side of the bed, only to rest on an empty space, heat already seeping out. With a groan Izaya rolled out of bed and padded to his kitchen in only a shirt of Shizuo's. He yawned and scratched his head as he numbly looked up at the cupboard, before reaching up and grabbing his choice of a meal.

"Oh, don't mind me... Just sittin' at your dinner table." Izaya whirled round and came face to face with Miagi calming sipping black tea from her 'don't give a fuck' cup. She raised a delicate eyebrow at Izaya's attire before setting her finished tea down and moving into the living room before calmly waving and calling back that Izaya could 'take his time'. Izaya grumbled and quickly set his stuff down before grabbing a clean pair of boxers from the tumble dryer. He decided against cereal and grabbed some strawberries putting them in a bowel. 

Miagi smiled tightly before leaning forward as Izaya padded and sat heavily in his seat. He in turn raised a delicate eyebrow at her in return, before glancing at the clock. 11:45 am Shizuo had a half day and would be back soon most likely 12:10 if Izaya calculated correctly.

"You're being creepy again." Izaya derailed his train of thought  and glared at Miagi. 
"Thinking of Shizuo again?" she asked pointedly before tagging a murmered: "Hopefully with his cloths on please ." as Izaya rolled his eyes in retaliation.

"What is it Miagi?" He asked cutting to the chase as if he had allowed it to go on Miagi would be asking why he had been wearing Shizuo's top, but no boxers and he just wasn't in the mood for one of her jokes today, and if she linked it to Shizuo being gone when he woke up then he'd just deny it like a priest denying sins.

"I'm going back to England. Today." Izaya paused, a strawberry clutched delicately between his fingers. A lone 'What?' come out from his mouth before he could even think to stop it.

"Well, you have big strong Shizuo to look after you, and frankly m'dear I'm not getting any younger, a... man from my uni days, who I kept in touch with, well... you know the jist. But I've also been offered a job for head eye surgeon after they heard what I'd done for you."Miagi fiddled with her hands and looked unsurely up at Izaya. Izaya smiled softly, an almost not there smile.

"I see, well Good luck." Miagi smiled and stood up before hugging him, then swiftly turned to make her exit.
"Tell Shizuo I say bye!" She waved as she closed the door behind her the soft click an announcement that he was all alone again. 

Izaya allowed himself to wonder back through his memories, the cold, blurred figures soon turning to the night he killed his father. He'd blacked out and woken (as he was told by a slightly annoyed Shizuo) almost 2 weeks later bruised, stitched up and sore, like he'd been run over by a bus and then some. Shizuo had had to help him, his wounds too great for Shinra to willingly let him out by himself. Shizuo had at first grumbled but as days went by Izaya found more of Shizuo's stuff moving in, cloths and trinkets - all the little things. And Izaya found that his cold heartless apartment was cozy and comfortable with Shizuo there. 

They started dating, after a awkward movie night together and a set up date, by none other then Miagi, of course. They had had their ups and downs, tables thrown, beds broken and a few plates smashed, but Izaya found that he didn't want it any other way, although 'flea' had become more of a pet name full of love then how harsh it would of been spat out before by those same lips, just the same as his 'shizu-chan' although after much drinking and egging on by Miagi it was told that he'd always had a small crush on Shizuo since they meat in high school, which then ended in the most amazing drunken sex Izaya had ever had, but if asked he would deny it, he still had some semblance of pride left within him.

Before long and without him realising time sped by and Shizuo was opening the door and closing it as he stood in the lounge doorway and looked at long creamy  legs and a lean figure. Shizuo coughed and Izaya looked up startled, red eyes blinking, before a big warm smile took over his face and he launched himself into Shizuo's arms.

"Welcome home Shizu-chan~!" Izaya burried his face in Shizuo's warm shoulder as Shizuo's arms wrapped around his small waist and a kiss was placed on the top of his head as Shizuo replied:
"I'm home Flea."