Whispers in the dark

It was past midnight when the weather outside got crazy. The rain was pouring and pouring and pouring, while (Y/N) was laying in her bed, trying to stay calm and survive the night. No matter how many times she was changing the positon of her body, or count sheep, or even drink warm milk, she couldn't sleep.

The problem wasn't because of the rain. It was because of the monstrous thunders which were scaring her to death. Her little hell was completed by the fact that her boyfriend wasn't here to comfort her and whisper sweet nothings until she fell asleep, safe in his arms.

She wished Roman was here but he was nowhere to be found which also was driving (Y/N) crazy since his phone was turned off and every time she tried to reach him, the computer voice of his mail was calling, instead of him. She was thinking the worst. What if something happened? What if he is somewhere out there and needs help? What if Roman was hurt badly? What if, what if, what it ...

He promised her that he will be in her apartment as soon as possible because he wanted a relaxing night with his girlfriend and yet again he was still missing.

(Y/N) sighed and tossed the blanket away from her tired body. She decided to get up and try to call Roman back because she started to think the worst. The moment her bare feet touched the cold marble floor a loud thunder cracked outside and put (Y/N) on the edge. She hid her tiny figure under the blanket, shielding herself from her fears and the crazy sounds behind her windows. Till now, she was sure that she was hyperventilating because her breathing was becoming more and more intensive.

The thunders outside kept hitting again and again while (Y/N) was literally trying to stay sane and keep breathing because her adrenaline was definitely kicking in her veins.

She needed Roman so much right now, like her life was depending on it. She needed to feel safe because only that mattered right now.

Roman knew how much (Y/N) hates storms and darkness and bad weather in general, so he was always there by her side to comfort her and distract her from those bad things. She needed her knight in shining armors.

''Where are you Ro?'' (Y/N) whispered to herself trying to stop the tears from her eyes. ''Where are you?''

But there was no one to answer the question ...

(Y/N) reached for her phone because she wanted to try one more time to call Roman. When she unlocked her screen, the bright light made (Y/N) remove her eyes until her vision was adjusted to it. She pressed her contacts and her gaze immediately fell on Roman's name. She was about to reach for the green button while a loud crack somewhere in her apartment, startled her. She was not sure if this was her wild imagination or something was really happening in her home but if she was scared before, right now she was terrified.

What if there was a ghost in her house like the ones in the movies which Roman and her watched every Friday night and it was coming for her because of an ancient curse? Damn she was watching too many shows and movies. What if there was someone who wanted to kill her because of money? Or a serial killer? Where was Roman Freaking Reigns right now?

(Y/N) slowly got up from her bed ignoring her body's protests and slowly made her way out of the room, trying to be as quiet as possible. The grip on her phone was so tight that she could swear that she heard a faint crack from it. With her right hand she managed to take the nearest thing around her because she couldn't see in the pure darkness of the night and she slowly made little steps in the corridor.

The moment she turned around a loud crack hit again and the place was bathed in light for couple of seconds but in those seconds, (Y/N) saw the most terrifying thing - a human's figure by the end of the hallway. In her pure instinct, (Y/N) froze dead in her tracks not knowing what to do. Yeah, she was sure that someone was going to kill her tonight while her idiotic boyfriend was still nowhere to be found.

Her heart was beating so fast, while the blood in her veins was freezing to death of not knowing what's next.

(Y/N) realized that this might be her last night ever before the mysterious figure kills her. Without a doubt she knew that she was going to fight with her everything before her body betray her and she fell cold on the ground.

Another sound of a loud thunder startled (Y/N) and she tightened her palm around the jewellery box she was holding and with which she was going to protect herself from the enemy. A bright yellow light lightened the room again and this time the figure of the person was right in front of (Y/N).

Her eyes widened and she started to scream for help.

''Somebody help me, please!'' she yelled but immediately a rough hand covered her mouth to shush her noises. (Y/N) raised her box in the air and tried to hit the mysterious person but he, yeah definitely a he caught her hand in the darkness and stopped her movements.

In that moment she knew that she was trapped and there was no escape from her death. Her breathing was so heavy that her head started to spin around. Little droplets of sweat adorned her forehead while the tears were falling uncontrollably in the middle of the night.

''Hey, hey, hey babygirl, it's me, it's Roman.'' A deep concerned voice broke the intense silence and (Y/N)'s body immediately relaxed. ''I am gonna turn on the lights, okay?''

(Y/N) managed to only nod. The warm hand left her dry lips and the warm presence around her disappeared just like the wind. For a few seconds she tried to take a breath until the bright lights of her hallway completely changed the atmosphere in the room.

Here he was, Roman Reigns, looking all terrified, in killing mode because his little babygirl looked scared. The moment their eyes met, Roman took three steps to reach (Y/N) again.

''What happened baby, why are you crying? Is it because of the storm?''

Silence.

''Please babygirl, tell me what it is so I can fix it?

Silence.

'' (Y/N), you are killing me?''

Silence.

A single tear made its path down and as soon as Roman noticed it, he brushed it away with his thumb.

''I ... I thought that there was a ghost like... like the ones we watch on Friday or worse. I ... I thought that a serial killer was going to kill me. And ... and I was terrified because you weren't here and I started to think the worst because you were so late and ...'' before (Y/N) had the chance to continue her sentence another thunder cracked in the night and without thinking, she was holding on Roman like her life was depending on it. His strong arms embraced her around and she felt that familiar musky sent and the feel of home.

''Shhhh baby, shhh'' Roman's grip tightened around his babygirl because he wanted to take the pain away from her beautiful eyes. ''I've got you, I'm not going anywhere. It's just me and you and no one is gonna harm you, okay?''

''Yeah'' (Y/N) whispered and buried her face in Roman's chest.

''Let's go to your bedroom and try to get some sleep. Tomorrow I will explain you why I was late but right now all I want is to know that you are right next to me, safe, happy and loved. Okay baby?''

''Yes Ro. I love you so much.''

''I love you too (Y/N). And by the way you are packing all of your stuff tomorrow because you are moving with me in my house. I don't want to leave you all alone here anymore.''

''But Roman I ...''

''No buts, you are coming with me.'' Roman kissed (Y/N)'s forehead.

He put his hand around her thin waist and walked with her side by side to the bedroom.

''But still, care to share why you were so late mister?''

Roman looked at her eyes which were full with so much love for him and whispered softly only for her ears ''It's a very, very long story babe but I will give you a hint.''

''Well, what is it?'' (Y/N) asked eagerly already calmed and safe in her loved ones' arms.

''It starts with the name Ambrose ...'' Roman giggled.

''Damn it, Dean!!!'' (Y/N) raised her voice whileRoman kicked the door shut behind them ...