Mafia

He was scanning the huge room, filled with filthy mobsters just like him. The faces, the smell of cheap perfume, the fake laughs, the music, everything was way too familiar to him. Nobody dared to look him in the eyes. Nobody dared to approach him and start a conversation, or drink a glass or two with him.

Nobody.

Why? Because he was The King of mafia. The King of Kings. He was the most ruthless, coldhearted man, the Russian mafia has ever had.

He was a beast.

A monster.

A first class killer.

Everyone was terrified of him. Afraid of his rage, of his actions. And that's why every member of the Russian mafia respected him, despite the terror in their eyes. They respected him, because he was a leader. The best leader, they've ever had, not her and her imaginary kingdom.

He was too proud. Too possessive. Too violent. And everybody knew it.

Nobody was allowed to say his name out loud. His real name. Only his two most trusted men had that privilege, because they were like brothers to him and beyond. They were family.

He was hiding in the shadows. Observing his surroundings, like the predator he was. The thrill of the hunt was running through his veins, waiting for the beast to be awoken.

•••

She was signing the last documents of the night. Her head was already throbbing, giving her one of those bad headaches. She was way too tired and sleepy. At this point, all she wanted was a long bath and sleep. But she knew that this was just a dream, because the life she was leading was too complicated for those simple things.

She was The Queen. The Queen of Queens. She was the most feared woman in the Russian mafia. She was cunning, vain and a bitch-ass woman, who didn't give a fuck about everything and everyone.

She was a devil.

A nightmare.

A disaster.

A killing machine.

Everyone was terrified of her. They feared for their lives, for their families, for the sake of the future of the whole mafia. But despite, the fear of her actions, they didn't respect her, like they respected him. They were bowing down their heads to her, but they never trusted her, like they trusted him.

Only the thought of him, made her headache even worse. She had never seen the face of The King, neither did he met her. But that didn't stop her from hating him with everything she had, because he was everything, she wasn't to their people.

She was The Queen. She had her throne and crown. She had her castle. But she didn't have her people.

''Aleksei, bring the car. We are going home.'' She said to one of her bodyguards.