8

When you get stuck on a plane for 7+ hours, this is the result. Also, this chapter is kind of based on something that happened to me.

I don't own anything.
========================================
Ever since he cried on Galen's shoulder, Orson felt extremely awkward around Galen. It was embarrassing to think his crush had seen him cry. And so Orson began to do something very odd. He started avoiding Galen.

While his heart longed to be at Galen's side, his conscience refused to let him ever be seen by Galen again. Apparently his mind was stronger than his heart and he didn't see Galen for a week.

But that all changed one afternoon when Orson was playing with his rubber band ball. Galen com texted him and Orson couldn't help but pick it up and take a look.

Galen: Orson, we should hang out this afternoon.

On any other day, Orson would have been screaming and cheering that Galen had invited him out. But he was too afraid of what Galen thought of him. Did Galen see him as a baby now?

Orson: Sorry. I'm busy this afternoon

Galen: No you're not. On any other day you would have been stalking me today. But you haven't done that all week.

Orson: You asked me to stop

Galen: I know you still do it...

Galen: Come on. Guys night out?

Orson: Maybe...

Galen: Great. I'll swing by your dorm to pick you up. See you in a bit!

And that's how Orson found himself standing in the doorway with Galen smiling at him. Orson couldn't bring himself to look at Galen. Every time he tried, he felt his face heat up.

"I thought of something we could do together," said Galen. "Let's go swimming today."

"Swimming?" Orson asked.

"Yes, swimming. Do you know how to swim?"

"A little. I'm not that good." Actually Orson was terrified of putting his head in the water. He didn't remember why but something must have happened. Aside from that, he liked swimming.

"I guess that makes two of us," said Galen. "I'm not that good either but I think it would be fun."

Quint spoke up. "I'm a pretty strong swimmer. I can come to spot you guys if you want."

"I'm sure we'll be fine!" Orson said quickly. He didn't want Quint getting in the way of his and Galen's relationship.

Quint didn't look convinced but he shrugged and said "Whateverz." He went back to studying his art. Quint was majoring in art Orson found out and why the Republics Program wanted people who knew how to 'read' art, he never knew.

Orson and Galen changed and went down to the large lake off campus. Orson knew they weren't allowed off campus but Galen got them off and they went to the lake.

Even though he knew he wasn't a great swimmer, he loved the feeling of being in the water. Orson promptly ran into the lake until he couldn't touch. "OH MY GOSH IT'S FREEZING!!" He screamed.

"What, did you expect a hot spring?" Galen teased as he walked in after Orson. He could still stand where Orson was floating. Galen went out a little farther and Orson paddled him. It didn't take long before Galen couldn't touch and was floating just like Orson.