12

Next chapter is up! Hooray!

I don't own anything.
========================================
For the next two months, things went pretty easily. In those two months, Orson learned everything there was to know about Alchemy and its protestors. For the readers who are not so sure what alchemy is, let me explain it briefly:

Alchemy is known as the forerunner of chemistry, dating back to the the medieval ages. Alchemists (people who did alchemy) were commissioned by kings and lords to find a way to turn (transmute) metals into gold. Unfortunately, they would never succeed because gold is its own element on the periodic table. That means it's pure. Nothing else can make it.

Many alchemists believed in a special elixir called the Philosopher's Stone (Hey look! A Harry Potter reference!). This elixir was known to be so powerful that it could transmute anything into anything else. Some alchemists went hunting for this elixir, only to die unsuccessful.

And there you go! We are up to speed with everyone on the first part. Now to explain Galen's science project: Galen wanted to find out if it was possible for a Kyber Crystal to become a substitute Philosopher's Stone.

Okay, I'm done. Let's get on to the rest of the story.

Orson knew most of the material in the overall aspect. He spent his free time studying as hard as he could on the subject. He hated chemistry but what kept him going was the smile Galen gave him when Orson showed that he had been working on learning his chemistry.

About two weeks before the trip, Galen gave Orson and the other team members a list of things to bring. For Orson, he told him to bring the Legos and box of simple machines since they would need an architect who could whip up machine structures in moments that was safe to operate. He also told him to bring food rations and clothing, you know, the boring stuff.

As the time grew closer and the countdown struck ten days, Orson became more and more excited. But there was one thing that aggravated him through all the excitement.

Paperwork.

"I'm sorry!" Galen sighed. "I really am!"

"My parents are never going to sign this! They don't even want me to go into this field!" Orson argued.

"But you have to get them to sign it and send it back or otherwise you can't go. Legal parental forms and responsibility code documents are given to my science professor just before we go."

"But you don't need to do them!"

"Because I'm over eighteen!"

"But!"

"Lyra has to do them, and so does
Oraki and Talise!" Oraki Gnad and Talise Gr'yema were both seventeen. They were turning eighteen after the school year ended.

Orson pouted. But he sent the documents to his parents and waited for them to call.

And they called two days later. "Orson Callan Krennic! What is this!?" His mother screamed over the com. Orson was sitting next to Galen in Galen's dorm and both had to cover their ears.

"It's paperwork," Orson responded. Galen handed Orson a copy of the forms he sent so he could talk her through them. "Mom, I want to go on this trip after the semester and I need these papers signed."