22

I don't own anything except my joy of breaking hearts. I'm kidding. But still.
========================================
After he was released from the Gargen hospital, Orson became extremely quiet, almost mute. He never wanted to speak to anyone outside his family. Ever. Again. He became even more antisocial than he already was, if that was possible. His parents tried to help him by getting a speech therapist, but even then Orson did minimal amount of speaking. So his mother tried practicing with him instead. Still no luck. Finally, they just let him do whatever he pleased.

Orson spent the majority of his time playing with his Legos. He made a mini figure that look more or less like him and Galen and then built sets to stage whatever events he wanted to do with Galen. He kept track of everything he roleplay played as a reference for what he wanted to do when he saw his friend—sorry, future husband—again. Orson would make up whatever dialogue he wanted, usually tuning it into a sappy, corny romance scene that sometimes made him gross himself out. But at least all the roleplays ended with Orson and Galen the mini figures making out. What he didn't know was how happy his parents were that he was using his voice. In two weeks time, his stammer was starting to disappear little by little. It wasn't noticeable to him but it was very noticeable to his mother and father.

Right now, Orson was pretending mini figure Galen and Orson were going for a speeder drive. Orson had supposedly just earned his speeder license and Galen was teaching him how to drive. In his fantasy, Orson pretended he picked up the driving skill almost immediately, but he knew in reality that would never happen. His father once let him drive a speeder when he was ten (not alone, unfortunately) and surprisingly, the humans came back in one piece. The same couldn't be said about the speeder.

His com suddenly beeped and Orson made a mad scramble for it, hoping it was Galen. Nope. Just a friend from school asking if he wanted to hang out. Orson groaned. He really wanted Galen to text him. Over the past week, he had been trying to contact Galen by either com calling him or texting. Usually it was the texting.

Orson: Galen, I wanted to check in on you. I hope you're doing well. Call me if you want to meet someday.

Orson: Galen, We could meet somewhere around halfway between Lexrul and Grange.

Orson: Hey Galen, do you have a new number? If so, I'd greatly like to know what it is so I can contact you.

Orson: Galen, I tried to call you the other day. I don't think it went through

Orson: Hi Galen! Just wanted to drop another hi! How are you?

Orson: Galen, how come you're not responding to my texts?

Orson: Galen..!

Orson: Galen..!

Orson: Galen..!

Orson: Galen..!

Orson threw his com link across the room and rested his head on his arms. Galen was probably going to kill him for the spam, but Orson wanted to know if Galen was okay. He really hoped Galen was alive. He had heard from a surgeon of some sort (he forgot what kind of sort) who had worked on Galen saying that the scientist had had severe frostbite and some compound bone fractures. The doctors at Gargen Hospital had to bring him to Coruscant Hospital because they didn't have the resources to treat Galen's condition.

Orson lay there for a minute, thinking. He then crawled across the room and retrieved his com. Orson texted Lyra. She may have heard something he didn't.