Chapter 6: The Child Prince

"What?" His highness sounded shock and I heard him moving in a fast motion. "Nanny, who are these people?" He questioned in a confused tone. 

"Prince Wang Eun, have you forgotten what I told you two days ago? Today is the day your new servants will arrive to serve you." His nanny, the old lady, responded kindly. 

"Your Highness, I am Court Lady Park, one of the in-charge of the Gungnyeo. I have brought these three ladies to serve you as of today." Court Lady Park introduced as she motioned for us to bow down to the highness.

"Greetings to you, your highness." The three of us bowed respectfully. 

"Hmm! So you are bringing in more people to prevent me from going outside huh? How dare you, nanny!" Not expecting such a reaction from the young prince, I kept silent as I wondered what would happen to us. 

"You've mistaken me, your highness! These three servants are here to serve you to your needs! And please, your highness, the weather outside is not fit for you to roam around. What if you catch a cold?" The poor nanny tried to convince the spoiled prince as he continued to have his way. 

Can't believe I'm going to serve such a prince. He'd better not over-step me or I will let him have a piece of my mind!

"You!" The prince pointed towards us and I looked towards the finger that was directed towards me. 

"M-me?" I questioned in shock as I wondered what the prince would want. 

"Any of you! Since you're my servants now, you must listen to me! I want to go out to town." The prince demanded firmly as he stood confidently. 

"Your highness..." The nanny cried, clearly not satisfied that the Prince ignored her pleadings. 

"Are you going to have me wait? Hurry up and prepare for the outing!" He stomped his feet on the ground like a child as he pouted. 

The three of us looked at Court Lady Park helplessly and she nodded for us to get ready. We followed the other servants that were more familiar with the surroundings to prepare for the Prince's outing stuff. 

"Hey A-Yeon, since the Prince appointed you to accompany him out, Wonhee and I will stay here." MiRa declared once the three of us were out of the Prince's sight. 

"What? Why aren't you girls coming?" I was definitely not expecting that.

"Please...I don't want to get punished on my first day! A-Yeon ah, you are my only hope!" MiRa clapped my hands together with hers as she gave me a puppy look face.

"You, hurry up. We can't afford to waste more time." One of the servants stared at me as she ordered for me to follow her. 

With no other choice, I reluctantly took a step towards the servant with a heavy heart. 

"We owed you for this, A-Yeon ah!" Wonhee and MiRa exclaimed as they wished me luck.

My first task ever in the palace, to accompany the prince out to town. I can do this, I have been to town several times. What's so difficult with a prince around huh?

I convinced myself and patted my chest as I walked towards the exit to meet the rest of the people. Once we're out of the palace, Prince Wang Eun was instantly bright as he grinned from ear to ear. He took a deep breath and stretched his arms widely, exclaiming, "It sure feels good to be outside! Where shall we go?" 

His tiny head moved from side to side as we waited behind him nervously. 

"Eun ah, do not wander too far. Wait for me!" His nanny reminded as she followed hurriedly behind the child prince.