Chapter 17: Blood

Author's Note:

Hey guys, sorry for the late update. I was in Bangkok for a short getaway. Let's move on then! :)

//

I can't hold it any longer...

My legs begun to wobble and my vision turned dizzy from entertaining the assassins from all directions as they pounced in to attack one at a time. 

Why are they still surviving?! Just die!

I was getting exhausted and frustrated. My will to hang on and to protect Father was fading as time passes by. Taking advantage of my inattentiveness, one of them sped towards Father from my back, his sword aiming Father's stomach. 

"Die!" 

He exclaimed and before I reacted, the sword penetrated in to Father's stomach. Father had a shocked expression as he had not see it coming. He stared in to the assassin's eyes with his mouth agape, sticky blood already starting to drip out from it. 

"See you in hell." The assassin whispered and withdrew the sword from Father's stomach again; sending splurges of blood in to the air.

"Ack!" Father bit his lips as his face was distorted by pain. He clenched on to the wounded area as his breathing became heavier. His body dropped down on the ground in slow motion, one of his arm supporting his weight from collapsing. Father gasped for air as blood dripped profusely from his mouth and stomach. 

"Father!" I screamed as I stood rooted to my spot. My legs trembled and refused to move even though I wanted to get to Father as quickly as I could. Father stretched one arm towards me, begging for my help as he looked in to my eyes with desperation.  

"Haaa!!" The assassin shouted as he raised his sword above his head; not waiting any longer as he slashes it down on to Father's back. 

"AHHHHH!" Father yelped in pain and collapses on the ground. His body convulses as he jerked on the now blood soaked ground. 

Time seemed to stop as I witnessed the scene in front of me. My body turned numb and my legs gave in; causing me to fall on to the ground as tears trickled down my face. I struggled for air and forced myself to stand up despite my wobbly legs. A sudden strong feeling of anger and desperation rises within me and I screamed. 

I screamed. I dragged my body up and forces myself as I ran full speed ahead towards the assassin. The sword in my hand dying to slash that person in front of me even though I knew nothing would bring my father back. My trembling arms going down hard on the assassin as I killed him. His dirty blood splashes on to my face and body as he collapsed on to the ground within seconds. 

I turned to look at the rest of the group with beastly eyes, ready to tackle them all without a second chance. In a few minutes, all of them laid dead on the ground of my home and I finally crumpled.

//

Prince Baek Ah POV 

Where could A-Yeon be? It's already past an hour and she's nowhere in sight.

"She must be having too much fun with her father that she forgotten the timing." I chuckled as I looked aimlessly towards the front. "Of course...it's been so long since she met him."

But...if we don't return to the palace now...I'm afraid we might get in to trouble.

I turned towards my right, recalling the days where A-Yeon would always return to that direction.