Part 16

Adrien's POV

Marinette and I arrive at my front door and I open it to an empty house, naturally. I lead the way to my fathers office and move aside my mothers portrait that hangs on the wall behind my fathers desk. A vault appears from behind the painting and I guess the passcode but get it wrong. I punch in the numbers of my mothers birthday and the safe opens. Marinette helps me move around some old papers and boxes until we find the blue miraculous. It's a brooch that has 5 peacock feathers on it with blue and purple gems. My moms favorite colours. I hold it in my hand as I think of how much the kwami knows about my mom. How she will know the secret to what really happened. "Adrien, are you okay?" Marinette says but I can't seem for form a sentence without lying. She takes my hand over to the small 2 person love seat that's in the corner of my fathers office. "You're not okay, and it's okay. You don't have to be good or fine all the time. Sometimes it's good to fall apart, to want to be alone, to break down and cry. You don't have to keep it in, not with me, because I'm here for you. I will listen to what you have to say, how you feel, and what you need." She says and smiles at me. "Thank you Mari, I needed that." I say as a single tear falls down my cheek. I'm glad I have someone like her in my life. That cares about me, that's with me no matter what. "Let's get going." I say and we head back to Master Fu's studio.

As we arrive Master Fu is sitting on the floor waiting for us. "Thank you for returning Duusu." He says as I hand him the brooch. "You should put it on, you might get some answers. I'm sure how much she knows though." He says and leaves into the next room. I'm about to place the brooch on my shirt but I hesitate. "What if - what if she doesn't like me? What if she's afraid or mad?" I say as I start to slowly panic. "I understand if you're not ready to know the truth, but don't make excuses for yourself." Marinette says as she places a hand on my shoulder. She's right, I am making excuses because I'm scared, I'm scared to know the truth. But I need to know. I place the brooch on my shirt and a blue kwami with peacock feathers appears in front of me. The kwami looks around then meets my eyes, "Adrien?" She says in a calm and quiet voice. "Yes?" I say confused, "you know me?" "Of course I do! I remember when you were just a baby. You look so much like your mom, green eyes and blonde hair." She said and smiled. All of a sudden Plagg and Tiki fly out to meet Duusu. "Duusu!" They both yell and hug her. "It's good to see you again." Duusu said. "I can't remember when 3 kwamis were together at once." Said Tiki. "Duusu?" I said quietly as I interrupt their conversation. "What happened to my mom?" I said as Duusu hovered closer to me. "I think you might want to sit down for this." She said and we all sat down on the pillows that were on the floor. "What did your father tell you about her?"  She asked. "He said that she died in a car accident, then I just found out that she was.... killed by a villain. I said and it broke my heart to say it.. "Adrien, your mother wasn't killed, she disappeared." She said. "Wh-what? How?? Why did my father tell me that she died?" I said so fast that I didn't m know if she understood. "Your father thinks that because he saw her fighting the villain but not what happened next. We were battling a villain, he was the most powerful villain we ever faced. We couldn't stop him alone and she was running out of time before she detransforms. She didn't want to fight him because she didn't want to leave you Adrien. But she knew she had to keep you safe. And the only way to do that was to stop him." Duusu says. "But what happened to her?" Marinette asks since I was too shocked to say anything. "She detransformed in the middle of the battle, but before she could run off the villain opened some sort of portal and he pushed her in it, I - I tried to stop him but I couldn't, he grabbed the miraculous off of her before the portal closed and I'm not sure what happened after that." Duusu said through sobs. "Adrien, I'm so sorry I lost her. I tried to help her." She said as she cried some more. "You did what you could." I said as tears started to fall down my cheeks. Marinette put her arms around me as Tiki put her around Duusu. "Master Fu said you would t transform him." I said after we calmed down a bit. "I guess he found the brooch or the villain gave it to him, I'm not sure. But he wanted the power, to get stronger. He said that it was to find your mom, but I didn't believe him. I sensed darkness in him, anger. My bond with her was to strong. It gave me strength to not transform him. I knew he wouldn't use it for good." Duusu said. "But, who was the villain?" I asked in a curious voice. "He called himself Vanish."

FINAL CHAPTER!!!!! I'm sorry I'm ending it like this, I just really want to be done this story. I do want to make a sequel to this; if you guys want. I hope you all enjoyed the story. And stay tuned for my next idea for my next story!!

PS. Sorry for the spelling/grammar mistakes. I'm too tired to edit it.