True colors

"Wait," Mia stared up into her mother's eyes in shock and disbelief, "That's it? It ends there?"

"Technically this story doesn't have an ending quite yet," her mother answered, tapping her daughter's nose playfully, "That was only the beginning."

"I don't understand." Came Mia's little pout and eyebrows that knit together in confusion.

Her mother sighed, "What it means is that their is no ending because we are still living the story today. Ever since that day, your father and I have stuck together through it all and are still living our story."

"So, does that mean you both still love each other?" Mia asked, still not fully understanding her mother's interpretation.

Her mother giggled, "Yes Mia. Forever and always."

"That's good," Mia smiled, and a short yawn followed after, "So the dream I had was just a lie?"

"Yes it was." Her mother answered again.

The little girl let out another yawn and her mother helped her stand to her feet, "Now off to bed with you," the woman laughed, "It's late."

"Yes mom," Mia obeyed as she slowly and tiredly made her way down the hall to her bedroom.

Once the two parents had heard her bedroom door close, the husband turned to his wife, "Geez, when I hear that story from your point of view, it sounds a lot different than mine."

"What do you mean?" She giggled at him as she scooted closer to her husband's side, "How else should it be told?"

He shook his head with a grin on his lips as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, "You never told me you had such adoration for Adrien."

She sighed, "That was a very long time ago that's for sure."

He hummed in response, "I also didn't know you were so jealous of Marientte. Typical."

"Hey!" She hit him playfully on the chest, "That was a long time ago as well. I don't envy anything from her anymore."

"That's good," Nathaniel hummed, placing a kiss to his wife's forehead, "I like it when you're yourself."

She hummed as well upon feeling her husband's warmth, "Hm and why is that?"

"Because when you are yourself, people don't have a reason to judge you on the outside. They have a reason to look on the inside and see your true colors shine through."

Her eyes met his and she raised an eyebrow in amusement, "How do you always know the perfect thing to say?"

"It's true though! You have to admit it." He laughed, pulling even closer to him, "You used to be so afraid in letting people see the true you Chloe. And now that you are always yourself, it's one of the many things I adore about you."

Happy tears collected in her eyes and she smiled up at him, "You're so sweet Nathaniel, to be honest I don't know what I would've done without you."

"You wouldn't have a daughter named Mia." He laughed, causing him to get another playful punch on the shoulder from his wife.

"Haha very funny," came her sarcastic reply, "But I still love you."

"You better," he pouted at her playfully, "You just told Mia a whole story about how our love will be forever and always."

"Oh shut up," she giggled, punching him once again playfully on the chest.

He chuckled and wrapped both of his arms around her to pull her into a hug. She wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him even closer to herself. The happy couple stayed in that comfortable position until the husband whispered into her ear, "I'm glad it only matters to you what's on the inside."