Chapter 2 - Saito & (Name)

Saito groaned in slight pain as he sat up in the plush bed he was in. He blinked in surprise as he tried to recall how he had gotten there, or even where he currently was. Then, it all came flooding back to him. Some strange portal opened before him with electric bolts all around the edges. He had touched it, out of curiosity, and it sucked him into some strange land where a cute (Eye Color)-eyed girl had kissed him!

He jolted out of the bed and saw that his jacket had been removed and was neatly folded on the little table in the room he was in. He went over to it and picket it up, inspecting it for any damage or tampering. 'It seems fine.' he decided and slipped the high-collared jacket back on.

The door opened as he zipped his jacket up. There stood (Name) and Siesta. The mage motioned toward Saito and turned toward her friend. "See? I accidentally summoned a peasant boy, and there's no way to send him back to wherever he came from."

"If you send him back, won't you be left with no familiar?"

"Well, yeah, but..." She turned to her familiar with glossy eyes. "I can't just keep him from his family. I'm sure they must love him and miss him dearly."

Siesta gently patted (Name)'s back. "Don't worry, Miss (Name). It'll all work out."

"Thanks, Siesta," (Name) smiled. "You always know what to say. Well, it's late. Good night."

"Good night, Miss (Name)."

As Siesta left the room, Saito decided to speak up, even if he knew that the girl wouldn't understand. "Hey! Which one of you undressed me? What else did you do to me?! Let me out of here, now!"

(Name) pouted as she approached him. He began to freak out a bit, thinking that he had made her mad. She pointed her finger at him and muttered a quick spell of understanding. "Hear what I say and understand."

A soft, warm light emitted from her fingertip and floated toward Saito at a slow pace. He stared, mesmerized, at it as it neared him. The light dissolved into his forehead, making him rub the area and stare at the girl in confusion. "W-what was that? Are you some sort of magician?"

(Name) gasped. "It worked. I didn't freak out." She beamed happily.

Saito was taken aback when he was able to understand the words that came out of (Name)'s mouth. He leaned toward her a bit and cautiously asked, "W-who are you?"

"Oh! My name is (Full Name). Pleased to meet you." She smiled sweetly at him. Then, she bit her lip nervously and continued. "I-I'm terribly sorry, but I summoned you as my familiar."

"Familiar? What is that?"

"A familiar is a mage's lifelong companion and protector. They must faithfully obey every command and loyally follow their master to the ends of the earth. I'm not sure how this happened, but I do know that I messed up my spell. I freaked out and that must have summoned you from wherever you came from. I apologize." (Name) bowed her head in shame.

Saito waved his hands around anxiously. "Hey, i-it's fine! I mean,-- Hey, wait a minute! If I'm supposed to be this familiar thing for you, then that means I'm your slave?!"

(Name) looked up, completely shocked. "Slave?! How dare you insult me that way! I would never enslave any human or creature, especially against their will! I tried to reason with Mr. Colbert, but there was nothing to be done. Because I did the ritual with you, you have to stay here with me as my familiar."

"You've got to be kidding me?!" Saito shook his head angrily in protest. "No way! There's no way I'm staying in some strange land to be some magic girl's pet!"

"Listen to me. We're both stuck in an unwanted situation. I wanted some sort of canine animal; something that would have gotten along well with my papa's familiar. But, now, my parents will probably mistake you for my boyfriend or something!" She slumped down in one of the wooden chairs at the table and sighed. She calmly motioned toward the other chair, looking toward Saito. "Come and sit down. What's your name?"