Chapter Five - A Useless Normal Day

(Name) tapped her shoes against the floor as she finished dressing for class. She looked over at her human familiar, who was still asleep. 'His time schedule from Earth and Japan must be different.' 

The young teen went over to the side of his bed and sat down gently, going to wake him up. (Name) caught sight of Saito's peaceful face and paused to take it in. Even if he was a peasant, he was quite attractive to her. A gentle pink blush spread over her face as she held his shoulder and shook him awake. "H-Hiraga."

"Mm? Huh?" Saito blinked away the sleep in his eyes. Then, he stared wide-eyed at (Name). "H-hey."

"I have to go to class now, Hiraga. I expect you to behave and not go wondering around, okay? But, you don't have to stay here in the room if you don't want to."

He sat up. "W-well, uh..."

"What is it?"

Saito scratched his cheek nervously. "I was just wondering what magic school was like. I know that I can't be a student here, but since I'm your Familiar, I should be allowed to attend class with you right?"

(Name) grinned at him. "Sure. That makes sense. But, I can't guarantee you won't be completely blindsided by the lesson."

The teens left the room and started on their way to class. Along the way, (Name) explained to Saito how the class would go. He would have to sit quietly on a stool beside her since he was her Familiar. 

"Oh, (Name)~!" Someone called from down the hallway.

(Name) stopped short and turned around. She pursed her lips nervously as she watched the handsome, blond noble approach. "Guiche."

"It's a wonderful morning, isn't it, (Name)?" Guiche said. "None of us have to worry about forcing our Familiars indoors to keep them dry and safe."

"I suppose."

Saito grumbled as his eyebrow twitched. He slid between the two and spoke to his master. "Uh, shouldn't we be going? Don't want to be late for class."

(Name) blinked before blushing and nodding at him. "Right, right! Sorry, Guiche, but we'll have to save this conversation for later. See you in class!" She waved at him and pulled Saito along with her as she ran down the hallway.

As they made their way to class, Saito looked back to see Guiche smirking at them. More specifically, smirking at him. He stuck his tongue out at the noble blond and made faces at him before they rounded the corner.

Inside of the classroom, Saito felt so out of place. His little sitting stool was low to the ground, so he could only peer over the long table he and (Name) were at. His clothes only helped him stand out amongst the students in uniform. 

The professor pointed to the pentagram picture on the board behind her. "Magic consists of four major aspects, which are wind, water, fire, and earth. The lost 'void' element makes five elements in total."

(Name) opened up her notebook and took extensive notes during the lesson. She pulled her hair back with a little string so that she could lean over her books without having to pause. Saito watched her write, amazed with how neat her handwriting was with how fast she was writing.

"We will begin today's lesson by discussing earth magic. Would anyone like to explain for me the basic magic of the earth element?"

Montmorency raised her hand and stood once the professor called on her. "The basic magic of earth is 'transmutation.' All magic that is related to life of earth, such as the creation of metals and cutting stones."

The teacher nodded. "Very good, Ms. Montmorency. Now, allow me to demonstrate exactly what 'transmutation' is." She positioned her wand above a medium-sized rock on the podium in front of her. "Everyone, observe closely. "