Chapter 1

"Come on Lillie, you can do it!" Ash cheered her on, as she inched closer towards Pikachu. Lillie slowly moved her hands closer to the electric mouse. But once she got within a few inches she felt her body take control and forced her away in fear.

"I-I'm sorry!" She crouched in fear facing away from everyone else. She whimpered in fear until Ash walked up to her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"It's fine, we just need to keep trying." He consoled, "I've had plenty of failures and tough challenge to overcome. I believe in you."

"Miss Lillie." Hobbs called for Lillie. "Miss it's almost time for dinner." This revelation pointed Ash to realize how late it had gotten.

"Oh man! I didn't know how long I've been here!" He said, "I'm going to miss dinner at this rate!" He looked down in disappointment as his stomach growled loudly. Lillie giggled at his misfortune.

"If you'd like, you can have dinner with us." She asked. "We would love to spend more time with you."

"Really! Wow, thanks."

"Of course, you have been spending this past week trying to help Lillie touch Pokemon that aren't her Vulpix. It's the least we could do to repay the favor."

"Woah!" Rotomdex suddenly screamed out. "Alola Detective Raki will be on in 21 minutes and 39 seconds!" His screen flashed to show the time remaining.

"I thought you had it set to recorded. Or is this because you're such a big fan that you need watch it both live and recorded?" Ash responded sarcastically. Knowing that Rotomdex never watched the recording after using that excuse to ditch him before.

"Well if you must know, it's a two-parter and I promised the professor that we'd watch it live together."

"Well if you'd like, you can go home now if it's-" Before Ash had the chance to finish his sentence, Rotomdex rushed out of the room.

"Thanks!" He said just as he exited, leaving Ash dumbfounded. After that moment, the trio may their way to the dining room, a spacious area with a long dining table for Lillie and all of the staff. It had already been set with many of the staff sitting conversing. Hobbs introduced as a dinner guest and he was very much welcomed to the table. Ash and Lillie sat next to each other, while the rest of the staff held conversation with each other, Ash could tell that something was getting Lillie down.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked. "Lillie?" He inquired when she didn't seem to repond.

"Huh? Oh sorry." She was broken from her thought. "I'm just worried, that I won't ever be able to touch Pokemon like you or any of the others."

"I already told you, don't worry about it. I'll make sure that you'll be touching all the Pokemon you want. It's a promise!"

"Really?"

"Yes really. When I make a promise, I never break them. Besides, I've seen how much you know about Pokemon. And how can you forget how when Vulpix needed you the most you risked your own well-being for her." Lillie lightened up. Feeling much better after his words of encouragement.

"I guess I did." She blushed, looking away from Ash to hide her embarrassment.

"Dinner's ready!" The chef called out, as the rest of the staff that had not been at the table brought out the food. It smelt wonderful as the aroma filled the room. They had also carried out a large bowl of Pokefood for Ash's Pokemon to eat from, as each one ran out to where it was placed. Ash ravenously ate through his food, after being stared for what felt like days to him. Lillie being more reserved took her time savoring each bite. Dinner went through without much event, as the pair continued talking about things such as Pokemon, school, and their classmates. Not too long after, they were finished with dinner, almost not noticing how late it had become.

"I assume the young master here need to be going now." Hobbs interrupted their conversation. "If you'd like, we may pull up a ride for you."

"Really! Thanks" Ash answered. He went to go get his backpack from Lillie's room.

"After you say you're goodbyes" Hobbs turned his attention to Lillie. "We have have you bath and pajama ready for you, as soon as you are as well."

"Thank you." She politely nodded. She met Ash at the front door. "Thanks for being here again. I really am grateful for your help."

"It's no problem, I promise that one day we'll get you over your fear of touching Pokemon!"

"Pika-Pi!" Pikachu added in excitement.

"Yes, you're right!" Lillie felt a rush of excitement course through her veins. After he left, Lillie made her way to the bath, to get ready for the night. Thoughts of her time with Ash so far from when they first met ran through her head. She liked that they spent so much time together, that he was so helpful for her trying to move past her fear. She felt hope, believe his words that she'll be able to touch Pokemon without fear. Yet another feeling was also creeping up. "I can't wait for that day to come." She said to herself. "But when it does. Does that mean that Ash won't spend so much time here?" She frowned, placing her hand over her chest, as she felt her heart skip a beat over that realization.