Chapter 10

She sat there, quietly sobbing to herself. Sure it might've seen like a bit much to some. Of course, he didn't outright reject her. But he might as well have to her, seeing as she's just a "friend" to her. While sitting there, her Alolan Vulpix walked under the door to her, checking to see what was wrong.

"Oh Snowy..." She wiped her tears. It made her feel a little better having her Pokemon comforting her. Picking it up she snuggled their cheeks together. "Oh, thanks for being here." She was grateful to be able to call it her Pokemon partner. Remembering the time she spent caring for it as an egg and getting over her fear of touching Pokemon, even if it was only the one she raised.

Looking at her Pokemon, Lille came to a realization. That even though it was hard, she was able to break through her fears to protect the ones she loved. That included Ash, and all her friends. He'd never given up on her, and she shouldn't give up on him. Not until she's been honest about her feelings for him.

"It's settled then, I'm going to tell him right..." But just then, she was interrupted by yelling coming from outside the dressing room. She rushed out, to see what the commotion was. There was a familiar sight.

"Team rocket!" Ash yelled as he chased after them. With the Rockets having Piakchu in tow.

"Oh no. Snowy let's go." She commanded as they ran after them. Catching up to Ash, he explained that while waiting, two strangers asked him if he wanted to let Pikachu try on some clothes. He never imagined them to be Team Rocket.

"I don't know how they do that."

"Yeah I know." Unfortunately for her, she didn't get the chance to change out of her red dress, so it was a little hard to keep up with them.

"Ah it seems our twerp is joined with one of those twerpettes." James told the other two.

"Well, what's another. We've already got the Pikachu in the bag. Now it's time to make our escape." Meowth gave his unconcerned opinion.

"But what's with that dress she's wearing?" Jesse noticed her outfit. "I bet I could pull that ten times better than her."

"Now's not the time to be getting into a fashion contest."

"Ash, was Pikachu the only Pokemon they nabbed?" Lille asked as they tried their best to keep up.

"Wait, no they didn't." He grabbed his backpack to revel his sleeping Rowlet. "Come on Rowlet I need you." But he failed to awake his Pokemon.

"I don't think we can rely on it right now." She gave a nervous reply. While they were trying to come up with a plan. Team Rocket reached their escape plan. Jumping into their famous air balloon, they quickly took off to the sky.

"Oh no, they're getting away." The Rockets taunted the two, believing themselves to have won. But their battle wasn't over yet.

"Steenee, use razor leaf." The attack came seemingly from nowhere. Connecting with their balloon and causing damage.

"Oh please, not another one." Jesse yelled out in frustration.

"Mallow." Lille was happy to see her friend, along with the professor.

"Are you guys okay?" Kukui asked, to ensure the safety of his student.

"We're okay, but they got Pikachu." Ash told them.

"Well we can on that one. But uh, Lille, why are you wearing that?" The other two stared at her in her unusual outfit. She blushed from the unwanted attention.

"It's not important right now. Let's just get Pikachu back." Wanting to get out of this awkward position.

"Actually, speaking of, how did it go with Ash and the whole..." She was stopped as Lille pounced, covering her mouth.

"I said let's focus on Pikachu!"

"I'm guessing that you haven't told him yet." Kukui laughed.

"Told me what, I feel like you guys know something I don't." Ash looked at them confused. Turning their attention back to the problem at hand. Mallow brought back the offensive, having Steenee hit them with another razor leaf. This time, the attack cut off one of the strings holding their basket.

"Hey watch it twerps." Jessed yelled at them. "Wobuffet use counter." Using counter, it repeled back the rest of the attack straight back at them.

"Ash watch out." Lille instinctively tackled him out of the way from the blast. Lying on top of him, she took another look at him. Remembering what she resolved to do in the dressing room. Right now, she need to do what it took to protects the ones she loved. She stood up, standing tall against the Rockets.

Look there, one of the twerpettes is standing up." Meowth commented.

"You there, what's with that fancy getup?" Jesse was still muffed looking at her with that on.

"I wore this because I thought this might help me be more confident. But I realize now that the only confidence I need is from the people I care about. And more importantly, to protect them. I need to be honest about my feelings."

"We've got no time for some monologue." Meowth cut in. "Keep it to 20 words or less here."

"I need to save Pikachu because Ash love it. And because... because, I love Ash!"