Chapter 11

"Ah, well I really wasn't expecting that to come out now." Kukui, along with Mallow, stood in shock at her confession.

"What did she just say!" Jesse was taken aback.

"I think she just announced her undying love for that twerp over there." Meowth answered.

"Oh to be young an in love." James was in tears over her confession.

"Oi, now's not the time to be going all lovey dovey over there."

"Now, Snowy, use powder snow. and aim right over there heads." Her Pokemon followed her command, sending out a flurry of snow. The Rockets ducked down for cover.

"Ha, looks like you've missed." They sneered, but their celebration was premature as they noticed their balloon was losing altitude.

"All right, she froze their engine, now there's no hot air in that balloon." Mallow praised the plan. As they declined, the kids and Kukui ran towards their landing point. They found themselves near the shopping entrance, right as Team Rocket touched ground.

"Okay, now it's time you give Pikachu back." Ash yelled at them, ready for a battle.

"Ha, if you want it back, then you're gonna have to fight for it." Jesse taunted them. However, before any fighting could commence, they were interrupted by a slam sound behind them. Fearful of what they were expecting, the trio slowly turned around.

As what had become standard practice at this point, there stood Bewear. The Pokemon that had taken in the Rockets for some reason. As usual, it grabbed them up in its arms, leaving behind Pikachu, still trapped in the net.

"Why are you always coming at the worst times." Jesse complained at it in a futile effort of getting out.

"Well I guess it's time for it again."James replied, resigned to their fate.

"The Rockets are off with a new blast!" They said in unison as Bewear jumped of, out of sight for everyone else. Standing there for a moment, dumbstruck at the events that had just unfolded. Getting their focus back, Ash ran up to get his Pikachu out of its prison.

"Pikachu!" He hugged his Pokemon excitedly after what had become rather usual on his journey. The rest looked on, happy for the reunion. Mallow, however, also didn't forget what Lille said, pushing her friend forward to talk to Ash. Lillie wanted to protest, but Mallow wasn't allowing her the chance.

"A-ash..." She meekly said, a far cry from her forceful nature just moments ago.

"Oh thanks Lillie, what you did back there was awesome." He cut her off, clearly too happy to worry about what had said earlier.

"Ash I really like you!" she said, bursting with embarrassment over her words immediately. He stood still, Pikachu in his arms, not saying anything. "I've liked you for a while now because you've always been there for me, and always kept me up from I felt down..." She probably stood there for a few minutes listing out why.

When she was finished, she stood there before him. Trembling from her emotional outburst, her short breaths giving away her nervousness. The moments with Ash not saying a word felt like an eternity. Then, he moved, the others looking on, wondering what was about to happen.

He held up Pikachu to her. Lillie didn't understand what was going on. In a flash, his Pokemon leap from his hands towards her. Instinctively, Lille caught it. Holding Pikachu close to her body.

"I can't believe it. Lillie you're touching a Pokemon." Mallow expressed surprised at what was going on. She looked at Pikachu, holding it tightly now.

"I-I am. I really am." She was filled with joy from this moment.

"Yeah it looks like you really did it Lillie." Ash's talking got her attention back to him. "And it looks like Pikachu really really likes you." He smiled at her. ""Because I really like you too."

"Huh?" She had no time to process that statement before Ash followed his Pokemon's lead, giving her a tight embrace.

"I'll always be there when you get down, or when you need help." He told her. "No matter what." She smiled.

"Ash, I'll always be there for the people I love and care about. Especially you." She returned his embrace, with a warm feeling.