Chapter 2

"And that will be all for today class." In class, the group was finishing up their lesson for the day. As Ash was packing up his backpack, Lillie approached him.

"Are you going to be coming over again Ash?" she asked

"Ah, sorry, but I promised Kiawe I'd help him on the farm today. Once that, we're going to do some training!" He answered, as everyone grouped up, with their Pokemon running out and having fun.

"Yeah, but I've noticed that you and Ash and been spending a lot of time lately." said Kiawe. "What have you been doing?" Before either could answer, Togedemaru in her excitement bounced around, landing on Lillie's hat. This caused her to yelp and completely freeze up.

"We're working on that." Ash said with a laugh. "Too bad that no matter what I think of seems to be making any progress." Everyone else joined in the laughing except Lillie.

"I too can touch Pokemon, if I put my mind to it!"

"Of course you can." Mallow responded. "Look at you and Shiron. The two of you are so close." The alolan Vulpix purred at Lillie and was picked up by her trainer.

"Yes, you're right." She gave it a pet. "And I promise that I'll be able to touch every Pokemon in the whole world!"

"That's the spirit Lillie!" Ash said with much enthusiasm.

"That's great" Kiawe joined in. "But Ash, we should get going. More time we spend here, the longer it'll take to finish the round and the less time we'll have to train."

"Of course! See you guy later!" They bid their farewells and headed out the door.

"I guess I'll be going home then too." Before she was able to leave on her own, Mallow grabbed her arm.

"Wait, Lillie, I have a little time before I need to help out at the restaurant." By this time, Lana and Sophocles had already left. Lillie and Mallow were the only two in the classroom with their Pokemon. "You should come with me to do some shopping. I heard there's new stock at the store."

"Really? Well ok then, just let me tell the driver that I'll have them pick me up later." After Lillie had taken care of her affairs. The pair went on their way to the town. It was bustling with people as they were doing their usual activities. As they past the marketplace, they could smell the wonderful aromas fill their noses. This also lead Mallow's Steenee to let off it's own scent. "Your Steenee really has such a wonderful smell." Lillie complemented her. "I read that the better the smell, the closer the bond between the Pokemon and its trainer."

"Aw!" Mallow blushed, "The two of us have been together for so long, I don't even know how long its been."

"Ste~!" Her Pokemon sounded out to her, pleased.

"Of course this comes as no surprise. Isn't that right?"

"Steenee~!"

"It looks like you've gotten really close to Vulpix as well! You haven't even put her down since we've gotten here." She was right. Lillie almost always carried her Vulpix any time she was out. "But shouldn't you let it walk around sometime? I believe you're the one that told me Pokemon need to be able to get exercise fairly often."

"Of course, you're right." She put Vulpix down. "Sorry it's just that I want to make sure it's safe every time we go out."

"It's no problem. Look! There's the store." They walked through the door and went straight to the new section. It was mostly stocked with necklaces, Pokemon plushies, and some books. "I guess there less cool stuff than I was expecting." Mallow sighed.