Chapter 14

All the tables were looking at them. Ron and Hermione were exchanging worried glances and a deadly silence had fallen across the room.

The whole school was shocked. Why the hell were Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy holding hands? Even the teachers at the table at the end of the great hall were staring. The room remained silent until one slow round of clapping was heard, breaking through the air like audible lightning.

Professor Dumbledore was standing, applauding them. Gradually, the students joined them until the two were faced with a wall of applause. Harry grinned and squeezed Draco's hand who in turn smiled widely.

Eventually the noise died down and everyone retook their seats but Dumbledore. He cleared his throat and began to speak.

'Students and teachers. These two boys, as most of you will know, have appeared to fiercely dislike each other from their first encounter in Hogwarts. We can see, as they have clearly displayed, that they do not any more. Why, I do not have either the knowledge nor right to tell you but I would like you to take this as an example. As these two have overcome their boundaries, I would like you to do the same. Perhaps you have another student you share a similar relationship with as Mr Potter and Mr Malfoy once did. Perhaps it is not a physical or social boundary but a mental one. Whatever it is, know that one day you will overcome it and however much you believe it to be impossible, know it is not. Thank you and I shall let you get back to your breakfast.'

He was greeted with warm smiles and polite applause and took his seat as Draco and Harry made their way towards the Gryffindor table. They sat down feeling as though a great weight had been lifted off their shoulders.

Is this unrealistic? Knowing Dumbledore, probably not but hey, it's my story so who cares either way. I hit 200 reads yesterday and oh my lord, I actually can't believe it. Compared to other authors, it's not a lot but to me that's absolutely incredibly and thank you to everyone who's take the time to read this!