Chapter 25

Trigger warning - suicide

The arctic wind whipped his cloak as Draco flew through the sky, the heavy emerald material providing little protection against the frigid air. His heart was filled with relief at finally escaping his father's grasp but there was a part of him that still yearned for home and the comfort being in his room provided. Through lack of sleep, he drifted in and out of daydreams and memories but there was one that sent chills down his spine, more than the bitter cold of the night ever could.

A few years earlier...

'What a useless lesson' taunted Draco. He was stood at the back of the queue which was assembled around an old wooden wardrobe. 'My father will hear about this. He wants me to have a proper education so I can work at the ministry one day, not learning how to fight stupid boggarts!' He practically spat the last word and Crabbe and Goyle nodded viciously.

'Is that true Mr Malfoy?' Lupin had appeared by the side of the trio.

'Yes, sir. My father and I are very close, of course he would like for me to have the best future.'

'Then perhaps you would like to go next so you can move your mind to more pressing matters.' replied Lupin smoothly, a hint of amusement in his voice.

'Very well.' said Draco. 'But I really don't see the point of this exercise' He added as he strolled to the front of the queue.

He pulled out his wand and the wardrobe doors opened, revealing none other than...Lucius Malfoy.

Draco was terrified. He couldn't let people at school find out about his fear of his father, not when he had so often boasted about their close relationship.

'R-r-r..' He couldn't choke out the spell. The mixture of fear of his father and fear of his classmates finding out his biggest secret had rendered him unable to speak.

'Riddikulus' said Lupin. With a pop, the Lucius Malfoy boggart was was staring there in frilly pink underpants and it ran back inside the wardrobe with a girlish giggle.

The whole class was howling with laughter but Draco was utterly shellshocked.

Back to present day...

Draco shuddered. Most of his classmates had been too busy laughing at the nearly naked boggart to notice exactly who's boggart it was but the memory still haunted him to this day.

Through the fog, a familiar silhouette emerged. The bright lights of Hogwarts were glowing, nestled amongst the mountains but at the top of the astronomy tower was another silhouette.

A figure was on the edge of the tower, it's legs dangling over the railing it sat on.

Who was it? No, it couldn't be...was it Harry? His Harry, close to falling off the astronomy tower.

He sped up the broomstick until Hogwarts was closer and the figure more distinguishable.

It was Harry, but closer up it looked less like he was going to fall but more like he was going to...jump!

'NO!' shouted Draco. Harry seemed surprised and started, the slight action sending him tumbling off the edge.

Draco screamed and sped the broom up more, going as fast as he possibly could. Harry was nearing the ground and almost, almost...

Draco caught him just before he hit the ground.

'What the hell do you think you're doing Potter!?'

FINALLY! My exams are over, I did my last one this morning so after two weeks of intense studying, having meltdown and doing tests here you go! Another, really action packed chapter which I hope you enjoyed! I'll try and get back to my normal updating schedule now and remember to vote!