Phantom scars

Gildart's POV:

She didn't wake up when the food came. That was odd to say the least, to be completely honest I was scared she wouldn't wake up. That's when I noticed she was up but just wasn't opening her eyes. I knew this from the fire line, she cried fire when she was in pain. It could be physically or emotionally, but either way. Pain = Fire tears. It made me sad, she rarely cried. Only someone close to her could cause those tears to fall.  Him, her second, the one who taught her love, the one who taught her sadness. He was all that and more, and THEY had gotten him. Whoever THEY were, THEY would pay, she was like a daughter to me. Even if she was way older, she was still like a teenager. One that had the world on her shoulders to early. I would never understand why she did those things on her own accord but she did.

I also noticed the way she gingerly held herself. She had wounds on her back, I could tell. Anyone else and it would go unnoticed, but I knew when she was hurt. But that couldn't be right, unless she had almost died. That would mean more wounds than just her back. Unless....they couldn't have....it was to well hidden for them to have found it. Right?

Jayla's POV:

I  could sense the food getting cold. I got up, my back was getting harder to ignore. I thought the longer I went the better it would be. Boy was I wrong, it hurt just like my fucking head had. Actually, STILL did. It was absolute torture but I just grind my teeth and moved forward, toward the food. It was good for human food, but who knows if it's safe for humans or not. Most of my usual food did consist of raw meat. As well as poisonous fruits, or foods that humans could eat but couldn't handle. Such as my favorite food, the dragon pepper.

"Thank you little Gilly." I said seeing the jar of about 25. (You can guess what it was.) I took one out and savored the taste. The heat from it was amazing, especially since I had shadowed it against the sun. After I finished, I was able to do a little magic so I put up my usual eye glamour.

I walked out of the room, everyone stopped and looked at me. I knew why, my clothes were torn (again) and they were quite dirty. Gildarts nodded his head toward a door to my left, my guess was it was a bathroom. I walked over and opened the door, it was already steaming in the room it felt good. I walked into the room, instantly everyone went back to their business, just a little quieter. There was clothes, towels, and a change of clothes. I smiled knowing that he had picked them out, they were in my usual style. I took my shower and dried off. I then put on the burgundy top and cut off shorts, there were no shoes. I walked out barefoot since I had lost my shoes I did have days ago.

"Hey little Gilly, how's it going." I said this sitting down beside him. 

"Little? He's 5 times your size." Natsu said. Everyone was quiet again making ours quite distinct. I didn't mind, though it did surprise me that gildarts didn't stop me.

Smiling wickedly, "Well I get to call him 'little' when I'm '5 times' older than him."

Natsu's eyes widened. "I'm not that old!" Gildarts exclaimed. I just laughed knowing how humans got about age. "Wait how old ARE you anyway? You never told me." 

I got my usual gleem in my eye, I again smiled promising mischief. "Guess."

"50?" Natsu tried. I shook my head. 

"100?" Gildarts guessed. 

"Nope, try higher."

"400?" Gajeel started off. I got a kind of surprised looked on my face.

"No still higher, but close." I said. 

"425!" Yelled someone toward the back. I turned to see a young boy, about Wendy's age. He had black hair and seemed like he could be a bit annoying at times, like most young kids could be. I smiled at him, he smiled back. "I got it didn't I!"

"Yep! What's your name?" I asked him, his positive manner was getting to me.

"Romeo, and one day I'm gonna be just as strong as Natsu. No, stronger than even Natsu!"

"So, as strong as gildarts?"

"Oh no, I'll never be as strong as him. I don't think anyone will."

Gildarts started choking on his food. I just smiled and said to Romeo, " I know 2 beings stronger than him now." He looked dumbfounded. "However they aren't human, but they can take on human form."

Everyone looked at Gildarts for clarification. He swallowed, "She's right, I got my ass handed to me by one of them. Then they fought each other. The one who beat me lost," he smiled at me, "I got to say you 2 were monsters against each other." 

Everyone just stared at me and Gildarts. We both smiled, "We can fight if you want to, we didn't last time. I believe you were still knocked out so we never got to."

"Sounds like fun," he said patting me on the back. Hard.

I hissed in pain, he looked at me with a look that said 'you really think I wouldn't notice.' I put my hand on my neck and looked at the table. Slightly embarrassed. "Maybe we should hold off until you're healed. What happened anyway, if I remember correctly your healing process is quite remarkable. Only your...you know...can cause wounds like you have."

"What wounds are those?" Natsu asked. 

"Slayer stone, my kind has slayers for when we get out of control. However our slayers are gone. I was 25 when they left. But someone found a stone that works for all beings. Slayer stone. It hurts like hell to."

"What weapon was it?" Gildarts asked again. I looked at him and said one word.

"Mine."