The Silver Lining

A/N: To be honest to you, before I worked on Shimayu fanfics, I never wrote anything fluffy or humorous. I am actually more of a tragic and drama writer. So this is a piece less fluffy and more pulling on the heart strings.

Prompt: Shimayu Song-fic

Disclaimer: I still don't own the characters. They belong to the great mangaka Sukeno Yoshiaki! The song I used, belongs to Nickelback.

The Silver Lining

The room was a sheet of gray colors, only illuminated by the low light of the moon, breaking through the slits of the drapes. The sound of the wind, brushing against branches and leaves in rushed strokes, reached his ears. He wondered, what time it was. Probably it was very early in the morning.

His back started to hurt from sitting on the floor. But he couldn't return back to bed.

When he had woken up, he had escaped the warm bed, as shame replaced the realization pounding done on him. Choosing the biting coldness of the hard floor over the soft heaven of the bed, he pondered on what he had done.

With a silent moan of pain leaving him, Shimon shifted to get more comfort, crossing one leg on the ground and bending the knee of the other, to lean his head on.

How did he end up in this mess anyway?

She had called him.

Had searched him out.

But they hadn't been a couple.

Not anymore.

She had left him.

You call to me, and I fall at your feet
How could anyone ask for more?
And our time apart, like knives in my heart
How could anyone ask for more?

She had left him months ago.

She had left him in need and desperate love.

It had taken him by surprise. The day Mayura walked away had taken the air from under his wings. It happened all of a sudden and totally unexpected. At least to him.

The day she had left him, would still rewind in his head from time to time, even after weeks – months – had passed.

How often had he stared at a wall and wondered, what he had done that day, the days before to drive her away.

He hadn't known, when or where their relationship had reached its final destination.

Suddenly it had been there, an ultimate truth to swallow. No one had given him the damn notice beforehand. And that had left him filled with so much anger at himself, at her, at bloody everything.

He didn't know, at which point they reached had reached the end line, where they couldn't go on. At which spot on their path had he let her down?

She hadn't told him. She simply walked away. Just like this.

Had packed her things from the drawers on his cupboard, things she had stored there since they practically had spend every night together, and abandoned the life they built together with not much of an explanation.

She had hurt him bad. Burned him down to the small ends that were barely holding him together.

Since that day, he had done nothing else than trying to forget her. Telling himself, she was cruel and heartless. Which he knew, she wasn't. Mayura was a pure and kind soul without a malicious thought. She had been an angel that had stumbled into his life years ago. Before he had known what was happening, he had given his heart to her and she had tended it with her gentle and amiable self.