Jedha

Jyn's pov

I was younger, a 4 or 5 year old girl, we were still in our luxurious apartment at Coruscant. In the living room there was Mama, Papa and their friend. Papa seemed to be much less exhausted than in my memories of when I was 8 years old.

I didn't remember that I was so small, everything seemed to me much bigger than with my 1m60.

Dad came to see me << What is it Jyn? You look terrified >> he took me in his arms. He put me in my bed.

Suddenly, it was no longer this memory, it was when I was hiding at our farm at Lah'mu. Back in my cozy bed with Papa who told me he would always be there to protect me, one of the many promises he never knew how to keep.

Back to Lah'mu, the memory that I would have preferred to forget, the lifeless body of Mama in the grass. I was sitting in a chair with Saw on my right, we were all dressed in black. In front of us, there was a coffin closed with Mama's photo on it. Still in my hiding place, the door opened so that I could see Saw find me.

I awoke with a start in the truck with Cassian leading to Jedha << You talk when you sleep >> I looked at him, I just wanted to tell him to meddle in his business.

<< You miss them? >> He asked me. << Yes, and you? Are your parents missing you too? >> he took several seconds before answering << More than you realize, I am very far from them >>

After a while, we arrived in Jedha, we got out of the truck. He put on his coat.

<< Why, when I had the gun in my hand, were you angry? You also have a weapon, why would not I have one too? >> I said, clutching myself on the door. << Kaytoo and I have the same problem, I also have trouble trusting people, sorry if I reacted wrongly >>

<< Were you hurt in your life? >> He looked at me with his coat and said, << No, at least sometimes. But this isn't where it comes from >>

I tried to change the subject "<< With this scarf around my neck and my head, I look like a Muslim woman >> I should not have said that. Cassian argued to what I said << Be careful with this kind of joke, the family of the one we are looking for is Muslim, and we will visit them >>

We climbed up a hill a few miles from the town. << I just realized, dressed up like this we look very shady, besides why we parked away from the city? >> I said. << 1: It's cold. 2: To make us look less suspicious, the city is under imperial occupation, they will be alarmed as soon as they see a police car >> he gave me his binoculars to be able to see for myself the presence of the Empire.

Kaytoo barked from the truck, I looked at him speaking to Cassian. << Maybe we should leave target practice behind >> << He's an imperial dog >> he replied. << Exactly, half of the people will want to kidnap him and the others put a hole in his head >> I said, looking at my teammate. << I'm surprised you're worried about his safety >> he said, gathering his belongings in his bag. << Not at all, I'm just worried that a shot get lost and hit me >> saying this, I put my bag in the truck, while Cassian kept his...