The time to fight is now

Jyn's pov

In the morning, when we got back to the station, we all got out of the truck. Cassian didn't look at me or speak to me once. The only thing he did was giving me back my weapon.
A big meeting was held in the main hall, other posts, politicians. Even journalists, they were forbidden to come, now when we were going to wake up in the morning we were going to discover new informations about this case. They discussed the scourge of the Empire, yet they were afraid of them.
- Act peacefully and intelligently. We can not do anything against them, it's lost in advance. Said Tynnra Pamlo, politician of the city of Taris.
- I say we have to fight. General Raddus replied, he was directly connected with the army.
Bail Organa, the mayor of the city of Alderraan, tried to calm the situation. Nothing happened. It was Mon Mothma who calmed them down.
- The Empire has in its possession arms to which we are powerless. Antoc Merrick replied to Raddus.
- An overpowering weapon, it's ridiculous. A man answered him further. I finally decided to introduce myself into this conversation.
- You say that my father lied? You think he would have done all that for what?
- To trigger a war and annihilate this country once and for all. Draven replied.
- Who are you going to believe? A possible traitor, the last words of her father, a servant of the Empire?
- Don't forget the trucker.
I looked behind me, I had not even noticed that Bodhi had followed me. Bravo Bodhi, now don't ask why they call me traitor.
- My father spent the rest of his life creating this weapon, the only things he told me was to destroy it, nothing else. I cried.
- That's what you say.  He and Draven were the two people in the room that I had the most desire to put K.O.
- If the Empire has this kind of power, what chance do we have? Pamlo asked.
- What chance do we have? I was starting. The question is: what choice. Run, hide, plead for mercy, scatty your forces. You give way to an enemy this evil with this much power and you condemn the country to an eternity of submission. The time to fight is now! Every minute that we are discussing brings us closer to the ashes of Jedha. Send your best men to Scarif. I looked at Raddus. Send all your forces if necessary. We must seize the bomb plans if there is any hope of destroying it.
- You're asking us to invade Imperial installations based on nothing but hope? Pamlo asked me.
- Perseverances are built on hope.
I could hear yells as yes and no, I had a plan, not them. Mothma looked at me with disappointment in her eyes, she wanted to support me, but she couldn't
- I'm sorry, Jyn. Without the unanimous agreement of the council... It would be too risky.
I turned to leave, a journalist was on my way, I didn't even listen to what he said, I pushed him out of the crowd. Bodhi didn't follow me, I went back into the crowd, he was also intercepted by the journalist. He was confused and visibly scared of the camera. I took him by the sleeve and took him with me to the other side of the room...