He is alive

Jyn's pov

I went to room 216. The nurses had just given him other anti-pain medications. I met one on the way.
- Excuse me, what's the name of the patient in room 216?
- Galen Erso.
- What happened to him?
- An explosion took place right next to him. Part of his back and left thigh are burned.
- Thank you.
I let the nurse go, I went to his room. The same nurse told me that I had no right to enter. I showed her my police badge, she let me in. I walked towards him gently, I was hurting for him, the explosion of gas didn't miss him.
- Papa. I said softly. He didn't react. Papa. I repeated to him.
He quietly opened his eyes, turned his head with weakness. He could not believe I was right in front of him, alive, almost intact. Looking at him, I could not restrain my tears, I missed him so much.
- Stardust. I was so scared. He said, he was tired.
- Did you see the news? We recovered them, it's only a matter of time before they disappear. A few seconds later we were all dead. I didn't do it alone, I got help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassian's pov

I woke up in a hospital bed, it was night. I had a plaster on my right leg, a bandage on my stomach and my arm was connected with a serum bag. I didn't know what happened between Scarif Beach and here I was told nothing. I had to find Jyn, I didn't know where she was, I wanted to know how she was going. I could not get up alone, I didn't have crutches and even if I had them, to bear my weight and to use the muscles of my stomach would made me suffer. Jyn entered my room, smiling when she saw that I was awake.
- My father is alive. She told me.
- I'm happy for you.
She sat on me bed on my left, she was still smiling at me. And looked at my necklace, a long silver chain with a medallion.
- Does it mean anything in particular?
- What do you mean?
- Your necklace. Does it mean something?
- I was offered it when I was young, it gives me a memory of my native country. I saw that you also had one, does it also represent something?
- It was my mother's last gift before she died. I have it on me since I was 8 years old.
I smiled at her, she took my hand, approached her face close to mine and kissed me gently. Her lips were soft and I felt her heart beat at full speed. She stopped, looked at me, apologized and left my room...