Drop your weapon

Jyn's pov

It was around midnight, Bodhi had parked the truck on the roadside for the night. Everyone was sleeping except me, I was on an inflatable mattress near the front seats, Bodhi was sleeping on the driver's seat, goggles around the neck. Baze and Chirrut were sleeping together a little further. While Cassian was sleeping really far. I got up from my mattress, loaded my gun. I didn't know what I was thinking, I was looking for a way to avenge myself, I did not think for a second about the consequences if I did. I walked past Cassian, who was sleeping on his back, his brown jacket as a pillow, and Kaytoo sleeping his head on his stomach. With the sound of my steps, even without my boots, Kaytoo raised his head and grunted after me. I prepared my gun, with the sound of the shipper, Cassian woke up, got up and stopped me from behind, he was not asleep, he was always on the alert even in the quietest moments. I had my left arm against my chest, his own immobilized mine and my right arm with his in the air, he had his finger under mine to prevent me from shooting.
- Please, Jyn, drop your weapon. I don't want you to have problems. I would not say anything, I promise. But out of pity, let go of that gun.
It was at that moment that I really realized what I was going to do, I dropped it on the floor. The rifle against the metal floor made a loud noise, but no one woke up, they were all sleeping very deeply. He removed the gun with his foot, and was now behind us. He released me calmly, starting with my left arm, decompressed my back against his chest and lowered his right arm, still holding his hand around my wrist. He looked me in the eye and I could see very clearly the fear and the fatigue in his. I wanted to tell him I was sorry, so sorry. But I didn't find the courage to tell him anything. I took my hand from his, looked at him one last time before going to bed. He also looked, he looked at my gun on the floor and hid it in his bag before going to "sleep" again...