Your father would have been proud of you

Cassian's pov

Once the plans were sent, Jyn looked at me, she smiled at me, I wanted to hug her in my arms and never let her go. She advanced towards me, she looked at the man in white on the ground, she prepared her impetus for kicks.
- No, leave it. Leave it. It's okay. It's okay. I approached her against me, I felt her calm down. Let's go. Let's go home.
I wrapped my arm around her neck to help me walk and she held me by the waist, avoiding touching my wound. My right leg was fractured, I counterbalanced all my weight on my left leg. Kaytoo was following us behind.
- Do you think anybody's listening?
- I do, someone's out there.
She opened the doors of the elevator. When it closed, it was dark. I looked her in the eyes, she worried for me. It was only a matter of time before I died. She had her arms around my neck. An unpleasant taste rose in my throat, I lost the balance and almost fell, she caught me against her shoulder. I coughed a few hollow shots, I checked my hand, I was spitting blood.
Once the doors opened, she went to the beach, right at the water's edge. The Empire had dropped a bomb in the water, it was the end for us. Even if we do good things. Life finds a way to destroy us. Maybe i deserve it. She looked at the blast in the distance, probably thinking the same as me.
- Your father would have been proud of you, Jyn. She looked at me again, she was also proud.
- I could have died alone and you too. But, I'm glad to spend these last moments with you.
I took her hand, she wrapped her arms around my neck and I around her back. We were both waiting for the fate that life has reserved for us. I squeezed her harder against me, I wanted my pain to stop as quickly as possible, but I didn't want this moment with her to stop, she was the only person that I didn't lost yet. Through my eyelids, I could see the light of the explosion on my left. Then a light on my right was added. I turned my head, Bodhi came to get us. Jyn helped me get up and we ran to the back doors, Kaytoo was following us. She made me climb first and then her, Kaytoo had come up alone before me. In the truck there was Chirrut unconscious and Baze with the face covered with a bandage. Bodhi found a small metal bar and tied it to his left arm. He started and gradually escaped the explosion and the door was forcibly opened. We were all alive, in a bad state, but alive. Maybe almost all. I had my back on the wall, I was holding Jyn's hand, my eyesight started to blur again and I felt my all body letting go...