Chapter:27

From nine pm to twelve am. Add feeding and bedding the horses down and it's an extra hour. I woke up close to noon the morning after the first night. Tonight I run and the eighth night Jase goes.

I dragged myself out of the bed and into the bathroom. I had just enough energy last night to get a shower before I was out. I used the restroom then got dressed in jeans and a long sleeve.

Jase was eating something. I walked over to him seeing what it was. Then picked up a fry from the wrapping. "Hey. My food. Get your own." He said. "But you still let me." I said taking another. "Yours is in the microwave." He said finishing.

I kissed his cheek before getting my food. Then sat down where he was once before. He stole two of my fries. I didn't care because I stole two of his. When he tried to get another I swatted his hand.

He gave me a pouty face as I bit into my burger. When I was full I let him eat the rest of my food. He kissed me, a thanks for letting him have what was left. "What did you have planned this afternoon before tonight's round?" He asked as he got up off his seat.

"Maybe go shop. Most likely boot barn." I said. "Oh I need more jeans. And shirts." Jase said. "Then come with me." I said. "How could I leave you alone in Vegas especially with wild cowboys running around?" He asked pulling me into a hug.

I put my arms around his neck standing on my toes. All afternoon we looked and shopped. The jeans were too expensive for my taste. Jase found jeans and shirt within his price range so he bought a few.

I looked at more of the local shops finding jeans and shirts. I even found a pair of Justin boots in sevana coffee colored with orange and pink stitching. "You don't pay much for jeans and yet you'll pay over one fifty for a pair of boots?" Jase said as I paid.

I nodded. "Yeah because these last." I said. "Plus I can wear them with a dress." I said picking them up along with the bags. He took the bags and boots from me before we even exited.

That night I warmed my horse up right before my run. I was close to last so I let my spirited horse stretch his legs. When it was my turn finally I gave Gambler his head and drew back quickly as we went around each barrel.

As soon as we cut around the last barrel I gave him full head. He bolted. If I didn't have a saddle I would have flown off him quicker. As we crossed the line I felt my bottom rise from the saddle.

I pulled him to a stop letting him trot in a circle as I tried to control him. "I got him baby girl." Jase said catching him. "No wonder you kept him in the warmup ring that long."

"Yeah. I almost flew out of the saddle as he sprinted." I said as Jase led Gambler down the isle way. "You may need some more weight on you for that baby." He said stopping him and coming up to the saddle.

"Do you remember how long it took your aunt and uncle to marry when they met?" He asked. "Which ones?" I asked him. "Hedli and Colt." He answered. "Within a year. Same with my cousin." I said.

"Do you want to come down from your high horse or am I going to have to help you down?" He asked. I leaned down kissing him. "I'll get down when you move to the side." I said. He sidestepped letting me down.

I dismounted and led Gambler to his stall. Jase had ridden Blaze for the opener of it then put him back in his stall already cared for. I put Gambler's halter on while Jase got his saddle. "So what's your exact point?" I asked him.

"Wait and see." He said.