Chapter 5: A Fear of Needles

Hey! Sorry I haven't updated this, haven't been motivated, but I'm ready now! I read through the last chapters, lots of errors. Sorry! I'll make sure to correct these next few chapters, k? Good! Enjoy~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amber's P.O.V-

CLANG!

Instantly, our weapons colided. He grinned as I realized my mistake, and I fell to the ground. Luckily, being a cat and all, I landed on my feet.

He followed me down, hands on his hips.

"You just instantly charged? Not even I'm that bad!" He cackled.

He really is annoying!

I took this moment to attack, but he nearly dodged it. "Nice try, banana split, but you'll have to do better then that, to be a mew mew," and our weapons hit again.

I wasn't aware of the fight behind us. I had no clue my friends were yelling at me to stop. I didn't realized Corina had come, just in the nick of time, to save my friends. I was so caught up in this duel, I blocked out everything. And Dren may have noticed.

Dren was surprisingly good at fighting. He attacked, dodged, laughed, all without loosing energy. However, every once in a while, he'd fly behind me and try attack like that, but he used it so much, I got used to blocking it. That was his problem. He was too predictable.

Me, on the other hand, didn't have that much stamina. I was loosing energy.

I huffed and puffed as he laughed at me. "When will you loose energy..?" I said, pounding the ground with my pole in frustration.

"Oh, I don't loose stamina," he said, grinning insanely. He charged at me. I blocked his attack, but his grin turned into the most disgusting smirk.

"Watch yourself."

Suddenly, a shockingly harsh pain went to my sholder. I heard the clang of his other dagger hitting the ground. He had thrown his free dagger at me.

But, why did it hurt so much?

I stuttered back, holding my sholder. "What did you do?!"

"Sweetie, don't worry, you're not gonna die! It's just a bit of special poison.."

A bit?!

My eyes flared, and I shouted "who do you think you are?!"

"As a matter of fact, I am D-"

BANG!

He fell to the floor with a painful thud, and his swords skitted away. I knew how to distract this guy, with his smart ass mouth. I had hit him right in the head.

I walked over to him and, with my free hand, stomped my pole on his jaw, leaving it there. "Who is your boss? Why are you doing this? And why are you so damn annoying?!"

He chuckled, but I pushed harder, and he gritted his teeth. He was able to squeak out, "Calm, calm! I only chuckled a little! Look, I'll tell you, just, loosen your push!"

I did as he said, and looked at him expectantly.

"I'd ask the same for you."

I starred at him. Suddenly, I saw misery in his eyes. I saw pain, and guilt, and fear, and confusion. I saw him, not Dren.