Heart Shaped Love - Chapter 12

Chapter 12

(Lexi’s POV)

I spent Sunday finishing an essay for English and laying around watching television in my pyjamas. When Monday morning rolled around, I was well slept and actually in a good mood.

I woke up to my alarm clock singing ‘Give Your Heart a Break’ by Demi Lovato at 6:30am. My eyes were wide open so I quickly stretched my arms above my head and headed for my en-suite bathroom to take a shower. After my 15 minute shower, I quickly brushed my teeth and put a comb through my hair, wrapped a towel around myself and went to search through the closet for something to wear. I decided to wear something a little flattering today, so I found a pair of light blue skinny jeans with a red and white striped bat wing shirt and my knee high tan boots.

Once I was dressed, I went back to bathroom to straighten my hair and apply a light make-up; mascara and a light pink lip gloss, with an added touch of dark purple eyeliner. I stepped back from the mirror to look at my appearance and I actually looked pretty good. I picked up my bag from the corner of my room and headed downstairs for a light breakfast.

When I entered the kitchen I saw my mother dressed for work with a suitcase near the door. ‘Oh that’s right, mom’s leaving for a week’ I thought. “Hey mom, you have everything packed?” I asked while walking around to the fridge and taking out a strawberry yogurt along with the orange juice.

I walked over to the cupboards to get a spoon and a cup for breakfast when my mom answered. “Yup, I’m all set.”

I turned around to see she had a small amount of tears in her eyes, so I put my breakfast on the countertop and went to give my mother a hug. “It’s okay mom” I said while patting her back with support. I pulled away a bit and looked at her. “You usually leave us for three days but this time it’s just four extra days. It’s not that big of a deal mom, we’ll see you on Sunday night and we always talk every night when you’re out of town. It. Will. Be. Fine.” I said in a final tone of voice.

She pulled away nodding and wiped the tears out from her eyes quickly. “You’re right. I’ll see you Sunday night and we’ll talk every night on the phone” she replied. “Anyways, I already said goodbye to Jaxon when I saw him upstairs getting ready this morning so I just came down to say goodbye to you. Remember to cook and clean when you need to, there’s $100 under the cookie jar if you want to order out, and if there is any trouble at all just go next door and get the Robert’s help.”

I nodded understandingly. “I will mom, don’t worry. Have a great trip”. I hugged my mother once more before letting her wheel her suitcase out to her car and drive to the airport.

I turned around to finish my yogurt and orange juice when Carson walked into the kitchen looking as gloomy as ever. I nodded towards him after finishing my yogurt and juice. “What’s up your ass?” I asked in a blunt tone.