Heart Shaped Love - Chapter 14

Watty Award 2012! Please Vote for my Story :) It is greatly appreciated!

**************************************************

Chapter 14

After school was out, I was at my locker making sure I had everything I needed for my homework. As I was about to close my locker, somebody slammed it shut for me. When I looked up, I saw Carson leaning casually up against my locker.

“I thought we were meeting in front of your car?” I asked while readjusting the strap of my bag on my shoulder and looking at him questioningly.

He shrugged and threw an arm over my shoulder, which I let fall to his side. “I was walking this way and knew you wouldn’t be at my car yet because you are just so slow…”

“Hey!” I interrupted and hit him on the arm.

He chuckled. “Anyways, I knew you wouldn’t be there yet, so I just stopped by your locker to pick you up. It wasn’t a big deal”

“Whatever, so when we get to your house do you think you can cook something first? I am really hungry and I don’t think I can help you look for your mother’s blackmail on an empty stomach” I asked convincingly. I actually just wanted him to cook something because he was an amazing cook – better than me.

“Oh? So now I’m an awesome cook am I?” he asked smirking slightly.

“You’re just fishing for compliments that you aren’t about to catch bucko” I replied.

“Always” he said with a wink my way as I rolled my eyes. “But yeah, I’ll cook us something before we start searching the house, but we have to be done by 5 because my mom will be back and she can’t know that I either found and deleted the pictures or that I was looking for them”

“Okay, and how long will it take anyways?” I asked.

“Oh, you’d be surprised” he said once we reached the front of the school and headed towards the parking lot.

We both got into Carson’s truck and headed home.

****************************************************

Carson unlocked the front door heading in before me and kicking off his shoes at the door, before heading towards the kitchen and I followed him. I threw my bag down beside a stool before climbing up and relaxing my head onto the countertop.

“What would like to eat my lady?” Carson asked in a medieval accent and an eyebrow raised.