Heart Shaped Love - Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I woke up bright and early at 5am and I couldn’t fall back asleep. I was lying in my sleeping bag looking at the living room ceiling. All I could think about was Carson… I had to see him today at school and I didn’t know if it would be normal or beyond awkward. All I am praying is that Carson didn’t mention anything to Jaxon. If he did, I would be teased and probably yelled at because Jaxon had told me repeatedly when I was younger not to go after his friends. That wasn’t a big deal since I didn’t see any of them in a romantic way… until now.

Suddenly, Kylie’s phone alarm went off to the beat of Dance Again by J-Lo and Pitbull. Alenna and Kylie both woke up and sat up stretching. “Good morning beauties” Alenna said, her voice still a little groggy from sleeping.

“Morning” Kylie mumbled while covering a yawn that escaped her mouth.

“I’m going to make some pancakes while you two get ready” Alenna said while shooing us upstairs.

I passed Alenna but stopped and gave her a hug. “Thanks for coming last night”

"No problem kiddo, you and Kylie are like little sisters to me. I’ll always be here for you” Alenna said to me while releasing me from her hug. “So, what do you want in your pancakes?”

“Blueberries and chocolate chips” I said with a smile on my face.

“You were always weird” she replied shaking her head.

I stuck my tongue out at her before turning around and heading upstairs to get ready.

When I entered my room, Kylie was rummaging through my closet. “What. the hell. are you doing?” I asked her very slowly when one of my old shirts came barreling at my head.

Kylie turned to me and said, “I’m searching for the perfect outfit for you to wear today” before turning back around and continuing to nit-pick my clothes.

I shrugged and headed to my en-suite, plugging in my straightener before brushing my teeth. Once I finished my teeth, I proceeded to straighten every inch of my hair. I took my straightened hair at the front of my face and put it into a small braid, clipping it to the back of my head. I looked into the mirror with approval and decided to put a small amount of make up on. A bit of blush, a light pink lip gloss and a tad of mascara and I was done.

I walked back into my bedroom to see Kylie admiring an outfit that she had laid on my bed. It consisted of a pair of light blue skinny jeans with a couple of rips in them, a white tank top with small red flowers, and cropped black leather jacket and a pair of mid-calf tan boots.