Heart Shaped Love - Chapter 24

Chapter 24

I was in my room getting ready for my date with Carson. It was my first date and I was so nervous. This was the first time in two weeks that we were going to be hanging out together; just the two of us, and I didn’t want to put my expectations up to high.

Best case scenario: everything goes great and we go out again

Worst case scenario: it’s incredibly awkward and nothing else happens

It was right then that I realized I really wanted this to work out for the better. He was the first guy I truly liked in my sixteen years of life. I knew him well and I trusted him – who knows when another guy like that would come along for me?  I needed to make a good impression tonight because I knew the type that Carson usually went for… and I wasn’t it. His normal type was slutty perfect Barbie dolls who were regular class A bitches… I was just me.

I turned around to look in the mirror that was hanging on my closet door. I had long brown hair, plain brown eyes and a regular body. I didn’t know what Carson saw in me but I hope he wasn’t playing around. I knew that if I put everything into this relationship, I would probably end up falling for him, and he was to break my heart, it would definitely hurt.

I shook all those thoughts out of my head right away. This was our first date and I didn’t need to be thinking about falling in love with him. Yeah, I liked him right now and that’s all that mattered.

I opened my closet up to find something cute to wear on my date. I had already taken a shower when I got home from school and straightened my hair, adding a few small curls here and there to make it look a bit more unique then it usually did. Now all I had to do was pick a cute outfit and do my makeup before Carson came over in half an hour.

I shuffled through all the clothes in my closet and finally came across a cute strapless Aztec romper. The base was light pink with different patterns of hot pink, yellow and orange all over and a braided brown belt attached to it. I found a grey long sleeve cardigan and a pair of brown gladiators to complete my outfit.

Once I was dressed, I ventured back into my en-suite to apply a little makeup. I put on my usual blush and mascara but changed my lip gloss to a more reddish colour.

When I was done, I took a step back and looked in the mirror to see how I looked. In my opinion, I looked cute. It was still me but just a bit dolled up and I actually liked it.

I was just putting my phone, my keys and my wallet into a small purse when the doorbell rang and a smile appeared on my face.

Nobody else was home since mom had gone out somewhere and Jaxon had already left for his double date so I quickly through my purse over my head and rushed downstairs to get the door