Chapter 9.

"Meifang jie,what's for breakfast?" 

Lucas calls out for Meifang early in the morning as he makes his way out of the room,rubbing his sleepy eyes.He takes a right turn as usual,going downstairs where delicious dishes await for him on the dining table.But then there is no handrail to hold onto,no steps to climb down.

"Ehem" Leo who had been watching Lucas for a while clears his throat.

Lucas slightly jumps on his feet,opening his eyes as wide as he can once the hoarse voice hit his ears.There Leo is,sitting on the chair at the table enough for two person with a smile plastered on his face.Lucas froze,as if his system suddenly stop functioning.

"What?Have a sit" says Leo,slightly chuckles to himself.

Seeing Lucas standing in front of him,half asleep with his messy bed hair and crooked shirt is not something Leo expected to see first thing in the morning.But he is glad to see such a different side of his professor.

"Errrr-" Lucas starts aimlessly pointing his hand around while his brain tries to come out with a good excuse.

"I..i have class.I think i am late" he is ready to turn around,going back to his room.

What a misfortune.

"No you don't.Sit down.I cooked enough for us." His smiles fade in second.

Hearing that tone of voice causes Lucas to shudder.Did Leo just commanded him?Eh?

"Alright" Lucas says,obediently walks forward and take a sit right across Leo.He doesn't even argue,unlike his normal-self.

Leo pours water into the empty glass in front of Lucas.He bitterly smile over the kindness,not knowing exactly where to look at.His eyes keep going sideways,under the table,everywhere but to the front where Leo sits opposite him. 

This is worst than his blind date! Leo lets out a small sigh.

Leo can't help but to notice the changed in Lucas' expression. He calmly finishes his breakfast and stands up.

"I am heading out,don't forget to clean up the table before you leave.And..here" Leo takes out a key from his pocket and put it on the table before lifting up his plate and walks away from the dining table,leaving Lucas alone batting his eyelashes in confusion.

Being left alone in a new place certainly raises anxiety on Lucas.He finishes his meal,does exactly as he was told and takes a quick bath before heading out. He leaves his things unpack,because he already set his mind that it will only be a temporary stay at Leo's.

  .... ♒♒♒ .....  

"Woah!" 

Meifang appears from behind,trying to scare the seemly absent-minded cousin but get no reaction in return.She pouts her lips before grabbing his shoulder and gently shaking his body back and forth.

"What's on your mind dear cousin" she asks as Lucas still shows no reaction,practicing his poker face all along. 

Lucas glaces at the mirror in front of him,looking at Meifang's reflection before lifting his head.

"You guess?" he says.

Meifang lifts up the white clothes from the chair next to Lucas before taking a sit on it.

"You don't like the new place?" she asks,raising her eyebrows though she knows the answer to it.

Lucas turns his head in disbelief.