Chapter 13 - The Truth

Landry's P.O.V.

I looked down at Kevin who were now sitting up on his matress, looking quite nervous.

"I... I can't tell you... my boss will kill me if I do...." He said and bit his lip.

"Noone said you had to tell him that you told me. I mean, it could be our secret. I mean don't you trust me?" I said.

"Yeah I guess... and I do trust you. More than I probably should considering the fact that I've only known you for like 2 months" He said.

"Then tell me who you are and why you're here" I said.

"Okay... my name's Ricky Garcia and I work for the FBI..." He said.

"The FBI? Seriously you're a real spy? That's so cool!" I said and widened my eyes.

"Yeah... I guess you could say that I'm a spy. I was sent here on a mission to find your friend Lauren" He said.

"Oh... so that's why you befriended me, because I used to know the girl who's disapperence you're investigating?" I said.

"Well yeah but I also thought that you seemed really cool. Maybe it was my mission who brought me to you but I'm really happy it did because you're one of the funniest people I've ever met" He said.

"Thanks, so just to make things clear. Did you came up with a fake personality too or was that really you?" I said.

"Oh no, that was all Ricky who peeked out behind Kevin. It was only the name that was a lie, other than that I'm the same guy. I hope you won't look at me in a different way now because I truly like being your friend" He said.

"Oh good, and don't worry. I won't see you in a different way other than being abit jealous about the fact that you work for the freaking FBI!" I said and smiled widely.

"I see your childhood detective dreams are still there" He said and chuckled.

"Yeah they are. It will always be my dream job" I said and smiled.

"Keep dreaming and you might end up working there one day" He said and smiled back.

"Yeah... maybe..." I said.

It got silent for a while and I just thought about everything for a while. After about 5 minutes I broke the silence.

"So uhm... your real name is Ricky?" I said.

"Yep, or well it's actually Ricardo but everyone calls me Ricky so" He said.

"Oh well It fits you more than Kevin to be honest... Ricky Garcia.... I love that name. It's really cute" I said without thinking about it.

"Well thank you" He said and winked.

I blushed which made me turn away but he had already seen it and just sat there and smiled. I turned back and tried to change the topic.

"So where are you from?" I asked.

"San Antonio in Texas" He said.

"That's cool" I said.

We continued to talk about his real self and I got to know that his whole family worked for the FBI. When the clock turn 2 am we decided to go back to bed and that night I dreamt about Kevin, I mean Ricky, and that he works for the freaking FBI.