Chapter 15 - We're going to NYC

Ricky's P.O.V.

I called Mr Willis and listened to the signals while waiting for him to pick up.

"Hello it's Mr Willis" I heard him say all of a second on the other side of the phone.

"Hi Mr Willis, it's Ricky. I want to talk with you about a thing" I said.

"Oh hi Ricky. What is it?" He said.

"Well...you know that I have befriended Lauren's best friend" I began.

"Yeah you told me that, smart move kid." He said.

"Yeah well I was wondering if she could come with me to New York next week after we end school for summer?" I said.

"Ricky, you know that she can't. You're going to finish your mission and she can't know anything about it" He said.

"What if she already knows huh" I said.

"She knows? Why the hell did you tell her? You promise you wouldn't. Now she might tell everyone who you are" He said.

"Yes I told her everything including my real name. She won't tell anyone I promise you" I said.

"Kid, you've known this girl for less than two months, you can't fully trust someone in that short amount of time" He said.

"I know it sounds weird but we just got this connection and I can fully trust her" I said.

"I know what this is about, you like her and are blinded by love. Let me tell you a story. When I was 20 I was out on a mission and met this girl.  We got really close and I told her every single secret detail about the mission and me because I trusted her. But do you know what happened then? Turns out she was a member of the drug dealing gang that I was investigating and she helped those dealers to escape and caught me in a trap. Love can be the best kind of traps kid so stay away from that girl" He said.

"Mr Willis we're only friends and not everyone has to be a backstabber. She just wants to find her friend so it's not likely that she's secretly working for the other side" I said.

"That's true but..." He said.

"She's also my partner in crime. We shook hands on that when I came here and she's really smart Mr Willis. She has potential to become a really good agent one day and I know her abilities might become really useful in the mission. Two brains are better than one and somethings she's better at than me. We're a team who completes eachother perfectly" I said and smiled at Landry.

She smiled back and Mr Willis got quiet in the phone. After a minute he spoke again.

"Fine, she can come but don't tell me I didn't warn you if she turns against you. She'll have to sign a contract though about that she'll stay quiet about the mission and everything that involves the organisation" He said.

"Thank you so much Mr Willis!" I said happily.

"I'll send the contract to you by email and then you print it out, she signs it and you post it to the organisations address. Got it?" He said.

"Yeah I got it! Bye Mr Willis" I said as I hung up.

"What did he say? What did he say?" Landry said exitedly.

"Pack your bags girl cause we're going to New York City!" I said and smiled widely.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! It's going to be so much fun!" She said and smiled widely too.

"You do have to sign a contract though about that you won't tell anyone about the mission or the organisation" I said.

"Okay but how are we going to make my parents agree too let me go to New York alone. I'm turning 17 in three months" She said.

"I'll help you persuade them, come on" I said.

We finished out milkshakes and left Pop's. I could that Landry was nervous for what her parents would say. We arrived outside her house and she stopped.

"What is it?" I said.

"They won't say yes Ricky, I know them" She said.

"We have to try Landry, I'll make sure they say yes I promise. We're in this together okay?" I said and looked at her.

"Okay" She said and nodded.

We then continued to walk up to the door and walked inside the house.