Chapter 16 - Persuading the parents

Landry's P.O.V.

We walked inside my house to find my parents in the kitchen.

"Hi mom, Hi dad" I said.

"Oh hi sweetie" Mom said.

"I want to ask you something" I said and bit my lip.

"Okay, what is it?" Dad said.

I looked over at Ricky who stood next to me and he nodded. I took a deep breathe and continued.

"Can I go with Kevin to New York next week after we goes on summer break?" I said.

"New York?" Mom said.

"Yeah we really want to do something together and...." I began.

"You're not going to New York, you're not even 17 yet" Mom said.

"But Adam gets to go to Hawaii with a bunch of his friends" I said.

"Yeah because he's 18 honey" Mom said.

"But...." I said and looked over at my dad.

"Your mom is right, we're not letting you go to New York alone, it could be dangerous" dad said.

"But what if my parents comes with us?" Ricky all of a sudden said.

I looked over at him and so did my parents.

"They will? Well I guess then that'd be okay right honey?" Dad said and looked over at mom.

"Yeah I guess, but we need to talk with them before and get their phone numbers first" Mom said.

"Of course, what's your phone numbers? I can ask them to give you a call tonight!" Ricky said.

My mom said her number and Ricky turned to me. I smiled widely at him.

"I should probably get going, they must be waiting for me to come home so we can eat dinner" He then said.

"Yeah we understand. Have a nice evening Kevin" Mom said.

Ricky and my parents said goodbye to eachother and I followed Ricky outside.

"Are you sure Mr and Mrs Shepard will agree to come with us?" I asked.

"Who said they would" He said and smirked.

"Uhm you did, that's the only way my parents will let me go" I said.

"Exactly, we makes them think they are coming along but then we go by ourselves anyways" He said.

"Okay so what's your plan when they walk into the Shepards in like I don't know the grocery store or just walking down the street" I said.

"Chill Landry, I've got this. I'll just tell them to play along and then just go somewhere else for a few weeks so they're not here in this town" He said.

"Are you sure it will work?" I said.

"Yeah, trust me, the Shepard's are totally cool and I'll just tell them the truth since they also work for the organisation" He said and nodded.

"Okay, call me when you've talked to them" I said.

"I will but goodbye for now" He said and smiled.

"Goodbye" I said and smiled back.

He walked away down the street and I walked back inside to have dinner with my family. Some hours later I was in bed and watched Youtube on my laptop when my phone rang. I looked over at it and it said "Mr Undercover 😎" which I had named Ricky in my phone when I found out about his real identity. I grabbed it and picked up.

"Heyy" I said.

"Hi, guess what girl. The Shepard's are totally on board. They'll tell your parents that they'll come with us to New York but then at the airport they'll jump on another plane and visit some friends in Chicago." He said.

"Yay! This is going to be so awesome! I can't believe that I'm gonna go to New York!" I said excitedly.

"Oh we are and we're flying there in first class and staying at a 5 star hotel. The perks of being in the FBI" He said and chuckled.

And there and then I freaked out. I, Landry Elizabeth Bender, where flying and staying in New York in class. If bitchy Grace knew about this she'd be so jealous! We ended up talking for over an hour on the phone and that night my parents also talked with the Shepards. That night I fell asleep happily for that Ricky had been able to persuade my parents to let me go. He truly is awesome and I can't wait for this trip, but first we have to go through the last week of school.

A/N

Heyy, I'm back! I know I've sucked at updating and I'm not gonna go into depth on that but I'm gonna get back into my writing/updating routine now so hope you all are excited because in the next chapter Ricky and Landry will go to New York and there stuff will really happen 😉