Amelia (Tonight Alive)

{ Taylor POV }

It was in the midst of day. People were walking out of stores, riding their bikes, enjoying the company of others. It seemed all around normal.

I was running. Running as fast as I could. I knew someone was chasing me. Fear took over, not allowing me to stop.

I tried screaming to grab people's attention, but the scream was caught in my throat. I waved my arms, but non of them looked in my direction. Non of them seemed to even notice me.

I kept running, knowing I'd regret it if I stopped. As my feet slapped the pavement, the sky started to darken and the people began to vanish. I slowed my running to a spot, confused. I looked around and every thing started vanishing just like the people. I was soon left in complete darkness.

Tears started stinging from my eyes, rolling down my cheeks. I didn't know what was going on.

Suddenly footsteps echoed throughout the dark. And they were coming in my direction. I frantically looked around, trying to adjust my eyes to the dark. All attempts failed and I was left in fear.

My feet started to move when pair of arms grabbed me from behind and pulled me close, their nails digging into my hips. I tried to scream, but everything was silent, except the voice of Alex.

"Found you."

···········································································································

I woke up mid scream.

"Tay! Taylor, wake up!"

I looked to my right to see Lyle sitting up, concern and worry filled his eyes. "What's going on? Are you alright??"

I sat up next to him, combing my fingers though my hair. "What time is it?"

Lyle stared at me for a little bit but then looked at the clock on the wall. "1:21 a.m." He looked back at me. "You ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said softly. Looking in his eyes, he knew I was lying. I sighed. "What happened?"

Lyle kept his eyes on me. "I don't truly know. I woke up to you pushing me, telling me.. Or Alex.. to get away."

I put my head in my hands, feeling the tears that were scattered across my face. Lyle put his hand on my back rubbing small circles. "You want to talk about it?" he asked so sweetly. I felt terrible for putting him in this situation.

"No," I muffled through my hands. But I did. I wanted to tell him all about my nightmares, explain everything about Alex, talk to him about my past. I felt so comfortable with him. More comfortable than I've felt with anyone. But I couldn't. I just couldn't. I've learned the hard way that I can't get my hopes up too high when it comes to trusting people.

We sat in silence for quite some time.

"I will always be here for you when you want to talk, alright?"

I looked up from my hands. The moon glowed on his face, exposing a sympathetic smile and the bags under his eyes. The past two days have been very even eventful for the both of us and we needed our sleep.

I nodded my head as Lyle began to lay back down. I soon followed, resting in his open arms. We lied there, knowing each other was fully awake. I decided to break the silence. "I'm sorry," I whispered to his chest.

"For what?" Lyle whispered back above my head. "You have nothing to be sorry for."

I breathed deeply. "Yes I do. I'm a mess. I'm so sorry you had to deal with everything that happened at the drug store."