Lazy morning

No smut, just domestic and chill ini
And bish guess who just finished her examssss

______________

They lay there in the presence of each other until both drifted off to sleep. Hermione's hair and breath tickling Draco's chest. Both in tired slumber.

At around 3am, Draco woke from a bang of an engine outside. Breathing in the cold air from outside of their duvet cocoon and feeling the sting as his eyes opened.

He looked down to the heap of brown hair above him, reaching his hand to idly twirl a soft lock around his finger. Watching her head rise and fall in time with his breathing.

He soundly wondered how, in a matter of days, an office hatred turned into an intimate affair. Not only sexually, but also emotionally?

He worried how long this would last. It would either last in good terms, or in a negative quarrel. And what even were they?? Were they fuckbuddy's? Was this a one time set up to satisfy their needs?

Would this go further?

Deep in his thoughts, with his finger still clutching strands of her hair, he soundly fell back to sleep.

___________________
5:30am

Draco once again woke. But not to some noisy neighbours or a bang outside, but by a soft hand nudging his side softly.

He stretched briefly before even thinking of opening his eyes. He was greeted by a tray of simple quick make coffee and a blueberry muffin. He sniffed the black, hot concoction, furrowing his brows.

"It's coffee," Hermione smiled, "keeps you awake, reckon you'd need it for today."

Smiling back, he sat up in the bed and gently took the mug from her.

"Morning," he nodded gruffly. Mornings were never his forte, always savouring an extra 5 minutes in bed if he could squeeze it.

Hermione picked at her muffin, sitting across from Draco. She sneakily caught the occasional side glance at him, his head leaning on her bedroom wall, his eyes closed sleepily.

"What time is it?" He casually asked, his eyes still locked closed. Thankfully she hadn't let the curtains open, letting him saviour the darkness for even longer.

"5:30am," she said timidly. She watched his facial expression go from neutral to are you out of your mind woman?!

"Why the fuck are we up this early, may I ask?" His croaky morning voice and his ruffled hair made him seem much more innocent than usual.

Smirking, Hermione looked down at her coffee.
"I apparate to work at 6:30," she said, before taking a sip of coffee. "I get most of my tasks done in the few early hours I get to myself."

They both locked eyes after that. Before Draco took another sip at his coffee, cringing at the bitter taste.

"Muggles create some strange concoctions, I can say that."

Hermione giggled at his reaction, making Draco smile at her. Taking in the rarely seen Hermione Granger with her matted hair, in her worn out dressing gown, savouring the warmth of her coffee (because he was certain she wasn't savouring the vile taste).

"Well, I better get changed," Hermione said as she gulped the last few drops of the bitter liquid and started shuffling through her wardrobe. Hyper aware that the blond man in her bed was watching with great interest. "Are you going home to get changed, or...." she said, craning her neck to see Draco in her bed, picking at his muffin, still completely naked under the covers.

"Nah, I have a spare set of clothes in the office, plus I left my work clothes there last night so I could come straight here," he said, before popping a chunk of the cake into his mouth.

Hermione just cocked her head in approval, and turned back at the task at hand. She never realised how pressured she felt when someone was watching her do something simple such as picking an outfit from her wardrobe.

The clothes on her hangers were an array of unsorted colours, with her shoes in a pile on the floor. She tried her best to cover the embarrassment from him.

"Granger, why does it seem like you're hogging the wardrobe?" He chuckled, now finished his breakfast, "I'm not going to steal anything."

"Well, how do I know?" She quickly retorted, "I don't know if you dress up in female attire for fun." The corners of her hidden smirk hidden from him.

In response, he flipped over the sheets and casually strolled over to her. Stark naked may I add.

He reached out a pale arm, his delicate hand fingering a black dress, measured to fit snuggly on the curves of whoever's wearing it.

"This." He declared, unhooking the hanger off the rail. "It'll look nice on you."

-----------------------
Kinda cliffhanger but I've got ideas for the next chapter so sorry lad
(Also I haven't proofread this atm so....)