We Could Be So Cruel [ 2/7 ]

It's been a week since Harry's seen Zayn and he's anticipating for the evening. Not really because he wants to have Zayn's presence again, though, he just wants to finally have another roommate that'll fill up the emptiness in his home, taking the place of Louis. Shawn teases that home is an analogy for his heart, that Zayn will be in there soon, but Harry  dares to argue that he will definitely replace Louis, but it's only temporary. No real feelings involved either. It won't happen.

"So this is the... What do people call it, humble abode? Though I hate all that fancy shmancy stuff!" Harry releases a little chuckle while shoving the door to let the both of them enter at the same time.

Harry contemplates which room to show first, but thought the motive would of been simple if he starts all around the one thousand two hundred square foot townhouse. "So, we can start by walking through this hallway. To your left will be your room, you know if you like our place enough."

"We'll see."

The pair enters the living room first which welcomes an open concept kitchen right across it. Their decorating style isn't the best as Harry has got a ton of book shelves filled with untouched book and nicknacks. There's only one couch that supposedly fits two but at most five people can sit there. Then cute little bean bags on the floor above a write frilly rug. Their kitchen is average sized though it's perfect for them to eat edible meals.

"Yeah, maybe with your help, you can provide us a touch of art because honestly, I'm tired of this hipster vibe. I mean look at our kitchen, rustic theme?" Harry jokes, glancing at the forks and spoons in mason jars, metal decorative letters that spell out 'hungry.'

"It's not so bad. I like it. Leave it. Though, I say we get a shoe rack." He sees Zayn glancing at  all of the shoes scattered in the hallway leading to the livingroom as well as some shoes tucked under the couch that faces the opposite end of the kitchen,

Harry trails behind Zayn who's anxious to see his bedroom the second Harry claimed that it was the master bedroom. Harry would've roomed in there the second Louis left, though he doesn't want to be reminded of how he did sleep in there everyday for the last year. Nor  did Shawn want it, teasingly afraid of any stains  on the carpet or walls.

Louis left this place unfurnished so when Zayn and Harry enter, its much larger and leaves an acoustic echo than before. (Harry hasn't been in this room for a month). "Hey, shit. I'm already getting some ideas to decorate."

"What were you thinkin?" Hopefully the sooner Zayn settles in, the quicker Harry can forget about how this room use to be. Already reminiscing on where the bed was adjacent to the window, the tiny stereo next to the closet, and all the band posters sprawled on the same wall that the bed frame leaned against.

Zayn faces Harry, a smile playing upon his face,"Graffiti art on this wall. My photography on the other. Want a desk over there for my projects and then yeah, didn't think too far but it's all I've got so far."

"I could help you pack and unpack."

"Can't help but think you're implying something." Zayn's voice makes Harry shudder with a natural pink shade peaking upon his cheeks.

"Oh, what? Wait. What?" If it was inappropriate, he wouldn't know, he's only shamelessly flirted with Louis in the last three years, so he wouldn't really understand somebody else if they were hinting at something.