A better Lifestyle

The bus ride back from the football game was very hectic to say the very least. All the boys were singing their football teams fight song that grew repetitive and quite annoying.
My head was literally splitting into two.

Surely New York was just as loud, maybe even louder than this ridiculous song, but at least the city had many other sounds but each isolated noise harmonized to become one.
Yes, I, Natalie Peyton Jenkins, an all out city girl, moved to the country side for simply "a better lifestyle". That's what my dad tells me. He was a photographer for The New York Times and well renown for his work, he was great at his job, LOVED it even.
But, one day he had enough of the city and wanted someplace quieter to raise me up in. Even though I'm almost done with school, being a senior.
Simple to say.... I miss the city.
The constant noise that kept the city alive, the various smells of food, sweat, and the rich and poor; hell i even miss the train zooming by above my sardine can sized apartment. I miss the walking as well in my city, didn't need a drivers license when you had two feet and a bike to travel through the city.

My reasons for coming along on this class bus filled with loud annoying jocks was for the schools newspaper and the yearbook club, to document this great history making achievement. It was pretty obvious that i wanted to follow in my fathers foot steps and believe me once i graduate I'm moving back to New York, my beloved city.
Can't stand the countryside silence. I just need my beautiful city's noise.
Ah. New York City. The city that never sleeps.

The song continued on as passing cars drove passed and honked our bus in congratulations of our latest win. The cheer leaders sitting next to me looked just as annoyed and were ready for the song to end. I couldn't help but listen into their conversation as the bus' driving got rockier along the East 9.
"how long can they keep this up" asked the brunette girl whom looked just as miserable as me, I crack a smile knowing that I'm not the only one wishing for those loud mouths to stop.
"Forever, they have a fight song with the word c*** in it" exclaims the African American girl sitting next to her. They both look really nice. Me being the shy city girl I am it would be hard to go up and start a simple conversation, so i sit back against the bus wall and examine my camera's photos, deciding which ones to use for the newspaper and which ones to give to the club. Like my dad, i try to capture the moments that have allot of depth within the scene. Being able to capture an amazing moment with the right set of eyes is a true gift and will make any person go far. And like my mom, I have that gift.

So lost in thought a blonde girl comes up to the other two to join in the conversation. "Why aren't you sitting with your honey?" she asks the brunette as she takes the seat next to me. I take this chance to take a quick glance behind me to a dirty blond dude looking solemn and depressed. His blue eyes stray outside the window, lost in thought and contemplating on things due to the football game. All the girls look back to him as i looked away.
"Somebody should tell him he just won the state championship" "I have a feeling he didn't get to play enough" the brunette adds. I thought the same. "well shouldn't you be sitting with him?" "after the game he said he needed some time with the guys."
The star quarterback sat along the sidelines of the game, barely making his rounds in each part. A part of me felt bad for him, as I looked back to him again, resting my camera on my lap his eyes shift from the passing scenery to me, eyes locking contact for a split second before the voice beside me shakes me from the lock.
"your the new girl aren't you?" she asks me with a warm and welcoming smile. I nodded as a small smile made its way across my lips. "I'm Minxie," she says, holding her hand out for me to shake; in turn I put my hand in hers and shake it, "Natalie" I say. "That's a pretty name" exclaims the brunette as she introduces herself as Rhonda and the girl next to her Chelsea.
"Wait your from New York aren't you?" Minxie asks me. For some reason I feel more open towards her than the other two. Rhonda and Chelsea i feel kind of don't trust me. They have every right to, new girls are considered like an unknown species in New York; I wonder how they view me here in the countryside?

"yeah I moved here last week," I say fiddling with my camera lens. The bus ride went on and my conversation with Minxie continued, we started blocking out the boys' fight song as I told her of my life growing up in New York near Broadway and enjoying my past time in central park. Though as our conversation went on, I felt like I was being watched by many eyes. I glance around seeing most of the boys still singing their obnoxious song, except for one. The lonesome quarterback sitting in the back, still staring at me. A light flush of pink made its way on my cheeks as I turned away, back to my camera and my thousands of moment capturing pictures.

Little did I know of a young boy being whisked away by a flying creature to be eaten to strengthen the strange creature.