Run for Your Life

^^^Third persons POV^^^

Kimball saw nothing but red once seeing his Natalie collapse into the creatures arms. He was furious and fearful when she stepped off of the bus so willingly to spare everyone on the bus and seeing her shake profusely irked him even more. Once she lay still on the ground the beast stands high with a devious smirk; once his sight lands on Izzy and Kimball, the claw-like appendage detaches and flexes its webbed flesh outward as if taking a battle stance towards the boys.

Like most animals fight for the mate.

For the girl.

The creature screams and hisses towards them both, spraying strands of her blood from his lips which were set in an ugly snarl. All eyes grew wide once hearing the creature speak for the first time, using what little remained of Dante's voice, raspy and deep. "Kill you. Near mate!" he loudly voiced all the while looking in the direction of Kimball and Izzy. As his wings spread to their full capacity in one fluid motion he took flight once again into the night.

Izzy did not hesitate for a moment longer to make it to the doors, prying them open to make it to Natalie's unconscious form. Her breathing was slow and shallow as he carefully picked up her upper half, "Natalie, come on girl wake up," he spoke as he rested her head in the crook of his neck. "Come on city girl..... Open those beautiful eyes of yours," he whispered, normally he would know what to do in this type of situation, however, as of right now, he was utterly clueless.

Back on the bus Kimball's rage overflowed as he turned to Scotty with balled up fists, knuckles turning a shade of white from holding them in a firm grip. With not a second to prepare, Kimball has Scotty by the neck and thrown against the wall, under the hole in the roof. "YOU SICK FUCK!!!" his voice dripped with pure anger and rage as he punched Scotty, from right hooks to uppercuts he didn't stop until Scotty's now beaten form lay on the floor groaning in pain, clutching certain areas that hurt the most. "You had no right doing that," Kimball now bore a judging snarl as he looked down at his fallen enemy, fists still tightly balled together.

Scotty took his time to sit up slightly, still sitting on the floor while his back rested along the cool metal wall, "I was only giving options for the best survival.... That whore did this on her own-"

"Your the one who gave her that idea to act like a fucking sacrifice!" Kimball was slowly growing back into the boiling point, he wanted to beat Scotty to a bloody pulp. Before even thinking of throwing another blow a gentle hand rested on his shoulder, he turned- expecting to see his cute little Natalie awake- only to see Minxie and her slightly shaking form. "She needs you, don't do something you'll regret," was all she said before making it off the bus and towards Natalie's side, her form growing pale as her breaths still took on to be slow. Kimball turned his attention back to Scotty and grabbed him by the front collar of his shirt, "I think your forgetting something BRO! He looked at you to..... HE LOOKED RIGHT AT YOU AND SMILED! So your in this like the rest of us, he wouldn't think twice to lick his lips at you," Scotty came to the realization and began to squirm under Kimball's hold only to be shoved even harder against the cool metal surface, "you know what, you crazy shit.... you keep this bus so that when he comes for you, and I hope he does.... I'm gonna be the one to get as far away from your sorry ass as I can!" and with that Kimball releases him with a hard shove.

Kimball takes a few breath's to recollect himself from his blinded rage before turning his gaze over to Izzy and Natalie. His first love lying unconscious on the road, in another man's arms.

"Time to go is right," he breathed all the while sending a piercing gaze Scotty's way, "I'm gonna go find that farm and I'm taking Natalie with me, so that she's safe..... You in Big K?" Kimball's asks turning his head slightly, only to grin in satisfaction in the loyalty in friendship they share, "Hell you know I'm coming man."

Scotty stood to stop them before they turned to leave, he then realized the mistakes that he made and nothing could be changed about them. He didn't feel guilty in them, nonetheless, but, now he was losing allies and his confidence in survival was dwindling away; the look of defeat and guilt showed very clearly in his eyes. Kimball turns his full attention back to Scott, "you can keep this bus bro... And you can sit in it, right under that big hole.... See how long you last." And with that final word leaves the bus to make his way back to Natalie.

His long strides didn't take him long to get to her and Izzy who's look of worry makes Kimball concerned all the more. He slips his lettermans jacket off his shoulders only to place it over his girl and embrace her with ease. "I'm finding that farm so that she's safe from that fucker," he exclaimed and by then Big K and the remaining members on the bus begin to get out of the bus to walk along the road; only a few waiting along the side for the other three.

"I'm coming with you," Izzy huffed while still clutching onto Natalie's camera; he knew that if her camera was left behind she would raise hell on earth. Kimball only nodded before continuing to walk, all the while loving the sweet lilac scent coming from Natalie.

His beautiful Natalie.

^^^Natalie's POV^^^

My neck burns and stings many levels of pain. But my body feel as if I am on a cloud, floating on a nice heated cloud. Without thinking a second thought I snuggle closer to the heat only to freeze and snap my eyes open to the sound of a chuckle coming from my warm safe haven. My sights now rested on Kimball and his very pleased and devious smirk; I began to fluster from his hold, wanting to walk on my own but he wouldn't have it, my squirming only made his hold on me tighter and burying my face even deeper into the crook of his neck.

"Kimball let me walk!" I whined which was received with only a deep chuckle and an ear to ear smile on his face, his gaze now resting on me as he asked, "you sure you can handle it baby girl?"

I think I blushed 50 shades darker from that, the simplest things he does gets the butterflies in my stomach to go into a fluttering frenzy. All I could do was nod before he stopped and gently set my feet down on the ground; I was dizzy at first, but, quickly recovered thanks to Kimball and Big K holding my arms to help the dizziness set aside.

I look back to see that we are a good few feet away from the bus and a good portion of the surviving students were walking along the East 9 with us. A good distance away I could see the star quarterback, slash asshole of the year, Scotty arguing with his lover Rhonda.

I guess being fearful and afraid for your life is much like alcohol, simple cations can lead you to reveal your true nature, show your true colors.

Their yelling had caught all the attention of the class and time was being wasted on waiting for them; their bickering, however, caught the attention of another.

Faint flapping of wings can be hear from the distance and small gushes of wind can be felt in the air. "Oh God, not again..." I breathed and tightened my hold on Kimball.

Izzy heard what I said and looked in the night sky for the flying predator, but, once he was found Izzy could not speak; his breath was caught in his throat and could only point. "HEY!" his choked words yelled to the remaining group and finally found the sight of our hunter.

And what do teenagers often do when being hunted down like animals?

Its simple, really.

Run for your life.