Izzy Ending^^^ My Beloved & My City

My gaze was speckled with black spots and felt as though everything was spinning rapidly, once my vision finally cleared my heart felt as though it were shattered into millions of pieces when seeing the car on its roof. My immediate thought was for Izzy and his well being, was he OK?

Slowly getting up from the ground during my dizzy spell, I limped my way to the damaged truck, hoping and praying to God that he was alright. I leaned against the truck slightly to regain my breath as I gaze into the shattered remains of the truck,to my relief, when reaching the drivers side I saw him still buckled into the seat, unconscious but still safe. I breathed a shaky sigh of relief until the smell of a strong and foul odor rested within my nose, coming form the truck...

Gasoline!

Scrambling in panic to pry the door open, adrenaline being my only power source as of now to save him. My heart beat faster and faster as my hands are being cut by the loose shards of glass in the window. I somehow managed to succeed in prying the door open and gain full access to Izzy's passed out form.

Struggling to get the belts buckle off when hearing the clicks and cracks of the electricity within the car, I knew I had only minutes left before I could get him out. I pulled and pulled at the seat belt, but it was pointless, it did not want to budge. Panic fueled my adrenaline more and forced me to keep going as I looked all around me to find something sharp to cut the belt free, only to find the biggest shard of glass from the back windshield to rest nearby. I took hold of the shard and began to cut the bindings, the ends of the glass digging deeper and deeper into my already cut hands, tears began to prick at my eyes and flooded my vision.

Being terrified of the creature before was an understatement; now I feared more than I ever have before now knowing that my friend, a man that didn't even try to win my heart is now moments away from losing his life.

It was then I realized that I didn't want to lose him, that I loved him.

I was deeply in love with Izzy Bohen. The quizzical, humorous, and mysterious writer for the school.

With an sudden snap the bindings finally cut loose, making Izzy's unconscious form fall to the ground. Wasting no time I grabbed onto his wrists tightly and began pulling him from the wreckage, a high pitched whistle sounded and the car finally ignited into flames. We, however, weren't far enough for safety from the impact. Only making it into the small brush of the grass the impact of the explosion knocked me off my feet, lodging a metal piece from the car into my shoulder, cutting into the mark that the creeper had given me. The impact of the explosion flew me a few feet away from Izzy and with a loud thwack my vision started becoming black and the ringing in my ears continued as I welcomed the darkness.

^^^Izzy's POV^^^

I awoke to the smell of smoke, it burned my lungs and the flames from the car merely kissed my skin. What? But.... How? was all I thought, I was certain that I was a goner when slamming on the breaks.

Even after confessing my feelings for Natalie, I was contempt to leaving, but, now it was a miracle that I didn't die. Hearing the nearby brush crunch and crack behind me had me looking for that weird fucker. At first I saw that thing hopping like a frog with only his right arm and left leg still in tact, the shuffling of the grass on the other end coming from Kimball. Thinking of helping him I went to get up, only for my gaze to fall on a pair of converse a few feet away.

Oh God... NATALIE!

Quickly getting to my feet to get to her, my vision betrays me and becomes fogged and made the world feel spun. I took a moment to regain myself, but, my gaze never left the tattered up converse a few feet in front of me, once it finally cleared I start to slowly make it to her.

Once I get to her horror struck me like a bus.

She had cuts on her delicate face along with bleeding cuts and glass shards embedded in her hands and cheeks and a dagger sized metal shard lodged in her shoulder. I wanted to help Kimball, but, my heart was with Nat and I needed to make sure she was alright first. Taking off my shirt I begin to tear away sections of my shirt with my teeth, getting myself ready to take out the shard and stop the bleeding.

To say that Natalie was lucky was an understatement, the metal piece was so close to her jugular artery, a few inches further in her and she would have died of the rapid blood loss. The shard did, however, cut into the mark that that creepy fucker gave her which in a way made me glad; now it will be a scar of her fight and both of our battle, we'd both have scars to tell a story.

From a distance I hear a screech coming from what I assumed the creature came from; at the same time Natalie cried out in excruciating pain, clutching her head. I made fast movements to tie a tight knot around her shoulder to lessen the pain for her before carefully ripping the metal sharp out of her. She gasped and cried out again before opening them in haste, desperately gasping fro breath.

^^Natalie's POV^^

"-lie!" I heard a distant voice calling out to me as my breaths took short and quick reside in my lungs, even though my eyes were open my vision still felt dark and my body felt like it was on fire.

More particularly the bite mark felt like hot coals were burning the part of my skin.

"Natalie!" the voice started to get louder and my vision started to clear up, the pain in my chest and abdomen area were now starting to cease, sweat trickled down my body before feeling light in the air.

"Natalie! Come on city girl answer me!" I finally recognized the voice as my vision clears. Before me stood a very shirtless and very lean and fit Izzy stood in my line of sight... With me resting in his arms. "Oh please tell me I'm dreaming all of this," I breathed out, his chuckled told me all too well that I for one was not dreaming.

"Why city girl? Is it because I'm your dream come true?" he snickered as his face started to lean dangerously closer to mine.

A loud and pained cry sounds a few feet from us, causing both of us to turn our heads. Both him and I lean on each other for support before making our ways meet towards the others; Minxie was holding onto Kimball on the ground while Rhonda, Andy, Chelsea and a few other guys I didn't know crowded over something. It was the creature slowly dying of the multiple stab wounds and the spear impaled in his head, his eyes showed anger and disgust when seeing that he'd been defeated this year of survival and hunting.

Now we know, all of us know, that its finally done.

---------> 23 years later<--------

I was taking pictures of time square for a local blossoming business to provide for a new juicy story on the New York Times while Izzy is at home coming up with a great storyline to add with my picture

That's right, I'm back in New York!

After the whole beast incident everyone disburse, Minxie and I still stay in contact with each other as very close friends now. Kimball stayed as a friend as well but stayed in the countryside for his family, while looking for a girl to out-best me as a wife.

Which I laugh about but wish him the best of luck.

And as for Izzy.... he and I have been happily married now for 20 years, now have two happy and very hyper city kids- Isabella and Nathaniel Bohen-Jenkins - and a third along the way. When dad found out that not only did my camera be trashed and I had brought a boy home, I had also blown his mind when he opened the front door with me and Izzy in lip lock battle on the porch swing. Izzy had promised him that night that he would never hurt a single hair on my heat let alone break my hear.

Lets just say that my dad was keen on him keeping up his promise, even after being married. There were times when I thought of the creature- which caught perfectly in one of my photos had made me become well known among the science fiction art gala in Broadway's National Art Museum- and thought of what would've happened if he'd caught me in any other time.

But, I was contempt now with my life, with my kids, with my beloved, and in my city.

The End