Help is on the way!?

The bus was dead silent and Andy was shocked to finally get an answer.

His hands start to shake with so much anticipation he nearly looses his grip on the radio's receiver. "I-I-I swear I'm not making this up man!"

"Just say it man!" the voice on the other end sounded to be our age but the signal was very weak. It did sound like they were on East 9 but probably to far.

Andy took a few calming breaths before repeating his warning and plea for help, "We are trapped in a broken down school bus out on East 9.... And something is going to kill us if we don't get help out here right away."

"Where on 9 East?" An older voice spoke, sounded similar to my fathers, a sound that brought slight comfort to my wavering heart and a sound that I longed to hear most.

Andy continued the conversation, "I-i-in Kissel County... ARE YOU THE COPS?!"

"What's trying to kill you? What are you talking about?"

"JUST TELL ME ARE YOU THE F****** COPS?!"

Everyone was now crowding the front of the bus to listen to the weak signal of the radio, all secretly praying that help would come.

"Listen, I'm already out on the 9. It's a big highway and so is the county. Are there any landmarks near you? Are you close to anything?"

I look at Andy closely. He looks so scared he looks like he's gonna pee himself pretty soon.

" Ya I'm close to peeing my f****** pants man, just please tell me that you're on the way!!"

Haha called it! I couldn't help but giggle and i notice that Kimball and Izzy had the same thought; Kimball winks at me and my playful thoughts as Izzy gives my hand a reassuring squeeze, happy that my small laugh gave the atmosphere a sort of lightness.

On the other end of the radio there was a short silence before the weak signal continued. " I can't really judge the strength of your signal but it doesn't sound close...."

Andy suddenly pales even more. There might not be any hope. "What the hell does that mean man?"

"It means its going to take me a while to get to you."

"LOOK WE KIND OF HAVE A TIME CRITICAL SITUATION HERE!"

"Roger that."

"And please tell me that your going to bring back up and that if you aren't you'll call the police and tell them that were stuck out here!"

"I'll call them, I'll call them right now... but until then hang on- alright hang on."

And with that the line went dead and silence once again invaded the bus. All of us were amazed, shocked, and floored. Help was on the way...

HELP WAS ON THE WAY!?

Everyone began to cheer and sit up in their seats, to applaud and thank Andy for his never ending antics and cries for help on the radio. He basically saved the day!

That was until a hand came through the bus' roof.... Grasping onto Andy's head and lifting him off of the bus floor.