Chapter thirty-five

Santiago POV
"Let's go, when I am on my period I do better than this, let's go!"

Currently I am being trained until no end. It's been three months since we got back from our mini vacation, and honestly I wish I was there curled up with Mani.

We haven't seen each other in a while because of training and studying. I miss his sweet hugs and loving kisses.

"Okay Santi we are done for now, you go get yourself cleaned up."

Anna smiles at me, something was going on but I couldn't figure it out. I made my way upstairs, taking a shower, and hoping into bed. I check my phone, it's 3:00 pm which means I have two hours to take a good nap.

I sent a text to Mani hoping he would reply, but to my dismay he didn't, so I closed my eyes and felt fast to sleep.

I woke up abruptly. "What the hell is going on?"

I increase my hearing by taping into my wolf, I here little footsteps downstairs. Out of curiosity I make my way down the steps and closer to where the footsteps are.

The air is tense around me, I go to the noise cautiously. I open the door to the grand hall, to find the last person I expected to see, my father.

"Good Afternoon son."

That evil smirk on his lips meant he was up to no good.

"What do you want Esteban?" His eyes flashed red at the sound of his name.

"Who do you think you are showing such disrespect to your own father." I simply chuckled, "you lost that privilege as soon as you sent me away to that camp, and beat the shit out of mom."

He wanted to lunge at me and tear off my head, but that was not his plan, that was not what he was sent here to do.

"You ungrateful little fag, if it wasn't for me and your mother you wouldn't have been in this world!" I was getting tired of entertaining his games, "what are you here for?"

He chuckled, causing my body to shake from evil and malicious tone.

"You have two days until week strike, so get prepared because we are coming, and we are coming with a vengeance."

With those words he left, but not before stopping and telling me, "your the first I will go after, so watch your back... son."

I made my way back to the living room, stopping and plopping on the couch.

Why is my father so evil? I don't know how long I was laying down on the couch, but when I open my eyes I see my mate there, leaning down and rubbing his hand on my cheek.

"Baby wake up."

I open my eyes slowly, taking in his features. His face was so symmetrical, so angular.

He had developed a little color to his pale skin, and his beard has grown a little more, not enough to look dirty, but enough to shape is jaw more.

His hazel eyes keep looking down at me like I was the only one in the world. I place my hand on his cheek bringing down to my lips, feeling the warmth of his mouth.

I bit his lip tenderly so that I can have access to his mouth. He lets me in, moving my tongue with his. I release myself from his mouth, "I love you Mani."

He gets a little red tint to his cheeks. He looks so cute and adorable.

"Mani I have to tell the pack something."

He looks at me confused, "what happened?"

I tell him that I just need every one in one room at once. He complies, using his Alpha voice he calls every down to the living room.

"I got some urgent news." Everyone was paying attention closely waiting for my mouth to speak again.

"The Red Blood is coming in two days." Everyone chatted and whispered to each other.

"How do you know?" I took a deep breath, "because my father came by today and told me personally." Roberto spoke next.

"We are going to prepare, I need everyone to get there shit together because this is war, some of us might not make it back, but no matter what we will fight, for this pack, for our children, for our wives, for our husbands, for the future, so let's do this!"

Everyone clapped, preparing themselves for the road ahead.

Mani had decided to take me out on the town with Gio, Tony, Raven, Karen, Mar, Dylan, Maria and Renee.

Everyone had this cara de comemierda face. This place was by the lake, it has a magnificent view of the glistening water.

The meal seemed to pass by without trouble. All of us conversing telling stories, and just having a great time.

We all made our way to my favorite spot, on the way there all the girls handed me white flowers.

My favorite song started to play while I walked to the place where it all began.

Both Gio and Tony lead me to where Mani was.

Mar and Dylan both used their abilities to raise the water up, as well as majestic fish, causing it to look like a water fountain of royals.

And there in the middle of all was Mani looking dashing as ever. He reached out his hand for me to grab.

Reaching over he places a kiss on my lips, not like our normal kisses this one had more love and peace to it.

"Santi.." he bends down on one knee. No, no, no this can't be happening.

"Santiago Rodriguez, since the day I met you I knew you were the one. The one I wanted to grow old with, to have children with. We have been through it all, camps, depression, arguments, fights, but through it all you have been there by my side. I didn't know how to feel when I told you I was a werewolf, but you eventually wrapped your head around it and joined me once more. You lost so much to be with me and I can't say it enough, I love you Santiago. I love you to the moon and back, not only because you are my mate but because you are my one, my love and I would love nothing more than to love you for rest of my life, not only in the wolf world but in the human world. So Santiago Angel Rodriguez Martinez would do me the honors to be Santiago Angel Marino-Rodriguez?"

I could handle it, I started crying not out of sadness but out of joy. It was true we have been through a lot and to know that not only are we bounded by mates but by law too.

Ever since it was legalized people like us have been able to get married. I guess I took to long, from the look on Mani's face.

"Yes," I said it barley above a whisper, I couldn't talk I was to star struck.

"What did you say?" I took a deep breath, "Yes!" He still could believe it, "Yes?"

"Yes!"

He lunged up and spun me around. Every one was clapping and yelling in excitement.

He brought me down slowly, bringing his lips in mine. I knew at that moment, that as long as we have each other then we can face anything that they throw at us.